JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Make Spectrum TV app the default TV app

(Topic created: 10-02-2021 04:59 PM)
user9EQCADPRhp
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

When I turn on the TV it always starts with the TV Plus app. Even with the setting to launch the last used app is turned on, the TV will not start in the Spectrum app. Instead, it starts with TV Plus.

Ideally I'd like to permanently delete TV Plus and have the TV go straight to the Spectrum TV app when I turn on the TV. I have not been able to figure out how to accomplish this.

Please don't tell me to plug in coax or a cable box. There is no outlet in the room this TV is in so I'm using the app.

11 Replies
KingMe1017
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Good question 🤔
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Have you tried to enable autorun last app in the smart features
0 Likes
user9EQCADPRhp
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes. As I said in my original post, "Even with the setting to launch the last used app is turned on, the TV will not start in the Spectrum app. Instead, it starts with TV Plus."

user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
It seems to be a known issue, my Samsung tv will not autorun the last app, not sure why this is happening but I am going to try to find a solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This does not work

user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The Application is not compatible with the Autorun at startup since it requires the application to access the internet, YouTube TV is exactly the same
0 Likes
Marvinv9777
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I am having the same issue , it's super frustrating.
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Good afternoon. I will be happy to answer your questions today. For the Autorun Last App feature to work on your television, you must also have the Autorun Smart Hub enabled. The app you are trying to run, in this case the Spectrum app, must also support this feature. If both features are on and your app still does not auto-start, please contact the app provider to report your issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This "solution" does not work