Last night my Samsung UN50J6200AF developed a “white spot” in the lower right corner of the screen. I turned it off/on and it persisted. When I investigated further and touched the screen, it actually burned my finger. Then I noted that the plastic frame house was bubbling and melting! There was no warning message about overheating. I see from comments this is not actually uncommon with Samsung televisions. I understand that TVs don’t last forever, but I’ve never seen one so close to catching fire. Beware leaving your TV unattended!
Oh no! I am very sorry to hear this! I understand how concerning this is. I would like to look into this further for you. Please send a private message with the serial number of the TV, http://bit.ly/2XERsky
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.