cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Model QN75Q7FAMFXZA turns on and off on its own and won't stay on

We have a Samsung model QN75Q7FAMFXZA that we bought in 2018.  When we turn the TV on now it cycles on and off and won't stay on long enough to do anything.  This happened last week but then started working ok after a few minutes.  Tonight it won't work at all.

Last week I checked the software status and it was up to date so it shouldn't be a software issue.  The only time the TV will stay constant on is when I disconnect the OBC.  When that is disconnected the TV stays on and shows the OBC cable is not connected or the OBC cable plugged in.  This is the only time I can turn off the TV and it will stay off.  If it is connected to the OBC and I unplug everything, wait some time and plug it back in, it just starts cycling again without me hitting any buttons on the remote or the TV.

I'm thinking it may be a bad OBC or OBC cable.  The OBC is model SOC1000MA and I'm not sure how to acquire new ones, or even confirm that is the issue without spending 100's of dollars on boxes and cables I don't need.  Now I'm wishing I paid for the Best Buy protection plan...

Thanks for any thoughts/guidance anyone might have.  It's very frustrating and I feel like we potentially wasted good money on this TV.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Model QN75Q7FAMFXZA turns on and off on its own and won't stay on

Same thing happening to me 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Model QN75Q7FAMFXZA turns on and off on its own and won't stay on

I finally got someone live on the chat feature.  I removed all accessory items (Xbox, Cable box, etc.) that were plugged into the OBC.  Unplugged the TV from the surge protector, waited about a minute or so, plugged the TV directly into the wall socket (still with nothing plugged into the OBC) and turned the TV on.  It worked and I was able to use the SmartTV functions.  When I plugged everything back in it continued to work ok.  I plugged the TV back into the surge protector and it is still working ok for now.  We'll see how long it lasts.