cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Model UN55JS8500 TV gets very hot and has light bleed problem.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 97-year-old father-in-law purchased this high-end TV about 3 years ago.
It was very expensive for him, and because he is disabled, he watches it almost all day long.
The picture has recently deteriorated quite noticably, which is a shame because he depends on it so much.  It is also very hot to touch, and I worry that this could be a fire hazard in his living situation, in a retirement home. I have seen that this model and others suffer from this problem.  
Samsung - will you help me with this problem?

IMG_7888.JPGIMG_7889.JPGIMG_7891.JPG

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Model UN55JS8500 TV gets very hot and has light bleed problem.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzBjOtNZw60 Hey there! Thanks for reaching out! I will be happy to assist you! Please send a private message with the serial number of the TV. I will need to get some more information from you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzBjOtNZw60 Hey there! Thanks for reaching out! I will be happy to assist you! Please send a private message with the serial number of the TV. I will need to get some more information from you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungRei and @SamsungSamantha  - Thank you both for helping me get a partial refund for him, even though the product was outside of warranty. Even though it took a while to resolve, you were both responsive, supportive, and helpful throughout the process.