JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Mute symbol keeps flashing on screen

(Topic created: 02-12-2021 07:12 AM)
userSCDf5d9YLl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the TV on mute to use my sound bar, but the mute symbol keeps flashing in the screen440EA7E4-9CAB-4873-B902-78869CC9E59D.jpeg

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for sharing! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userUrHZ33CYHz
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I also have the problem of the mute symbol flashing on the left side of the television screen. This problem started approximately three months ago, but we were able to clear the mute symbol by moving the volume button up or down on the remote. Approximately two months ago the remote volume button would only move up or down approximately three levels, and it would not clear the mute symbol. After repeated attempts the volume would work correctly and clear the mute symbol. Now however the remote volume button is stuck to the three levels permanently. We changed the remote batteries, re-paired the remote with the television, unplugged the television and held the power button down to reboot the television, none of this has worked. The television is approximately two years old and the sound is connected to a receiver via an HDMI cable. The model number is: UN65MU6300F. I appreciate any help you can give.  

userfZeWYsrhNw
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
This did not work for me. HELP!!!
0 Likes
userDbFqDqsJK4
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had the same issue. All I had to do was change the batteries in my remote and it solved my problem. Apparently with bad batteries, the remote won't send a good enough signal to remove the mute icon? I'm not sure.. either way, that's what worked for me.

0 Likes
userfvQV7WmRtZ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue.  

The mute signal on my TV keeps flashing.

I've reset the sound twice.  I've changed the batteries.  I can't move the volume above 13 and stays between 11-12.

Please help!

0 Likes
userzyxePe7xBO
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We're having same issues. Flashing mute icon,  volume sticks. We've reset sound,  changed batteries and have shut TV off and turned back on.

Help please

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am sorry to hear about this. Please cold boot the television using the following steps.

Turn on the TV.

Press and hold Power on the remote until the television turns off and back on.
Reconnect to your WiFi network.

If you continue to have issues with your audio, please send the serial number for the TV to this PM Link.

userXGHRN84qrD
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

this worked for me i dident even have to reset my wifi i just had to turn off the tv by holding the on/off button and let it turn on itself and it worked like that 

userus8vbZ3oAu
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for us too but we did also try all the other options first. 

0 Likes
Mds4real
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I am having the same issue, tried holding the to turn off and back on. T hat did not work.
0 Likes