JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung 82” 8k TV has vertical lines in the picture

(Topic created on: 3/15/21 4:24 PM)
userNphza6k4dk
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My Samsung 8k Q900R all of a sudden started showing these vertical lines.  When it first happened I immediately shut down the TV and unplugged all the connections to the one connect box checked all cables and plugged back in and it was fine for a few weeks . Then it comes back again but every time it’s come back it happened a month a part now weeks apart then days apart now it’s every hour or so while watching the tv.  Whatever is causing it is getting worse . I have ruled out any external devices like my Apple 4K streaming box . I’ve unplugged it and went strictly through the TVs built in channels like Samsung guide and it still does it when watching it on a built in channel .  However the weird thing about it is if I press the home key while this is happening the menu at the bottom of the screen where you choose either a channel or go to setup that part of the screen doesn’t have the lines but the screen behind it showing the picture does . I have my tv on almost all the time watching it myself it if I’m not my spouse .  Rarely does it get turned off and up til now 7 months of use it’s starting to do this .   Please advise.   I’m within my 1 year warranty still . See the the pics 

B8746B05-D3F6-4BD7-84A3-31E0F92A27E2.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Does this happen on all sources, inputs, and the picture test too? Is the TV plugged into a wall outlet directly or a surge protector?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
sirlknig
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
My TV did this a year after I bought it, that was about 15 years or more it's the first 4k UHD from Samsung, they ended up replacing the panel and a circuit board I had extended Warranty no problem since.
0 Likes
userNphza6k4dk
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yes it does.  It does it even using the Samsung Guide and watching a news channel.   Yes, the TV is plugged into a 500 UPS Backup that is soley for the TV.   This problem occurred several months ago, then after disconnecting the one connect and reconnecting it it didnt occur for about a month then all of a sudden it started happening more and more and now you cant even turn the TV on without it happening within the hour.  Please advise.    I hope these vertical lines are not ruining my 8K Monitor.  Is it the one connect box or is it the controller connection in side the tv?

0 Likes
userNphza6k4dk
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Its a $500 APC UPS Batter y Backup its plugged into.  

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes