cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Joseviarias
Constellation

My samsung smart tv 55 inch the screen is broken

Hello friends My 2 year old daughter hit the screen and broke . I would like to know if it can be repaired and how much it costs to replace the screen

Thanks for your time and help

37 REPLIES 37
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My samsung smart tv 55 inch the screen is broken

Oh no, sadly I don't have pricing but you can check with local service centers using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Joseviarias
Constellation

Thanks for your help 

userIwkbROtJxu
Astronaut

Can I just buy another glass

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

One could be purchased from J&J Parts at 800-627-4368.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userB16jPdstcE
Astronaut

my 55 inch curved UHD tv also cracked just 1 week after i bought it. its an obvious physical damage and my son is to blame. what puzzle me is that we had a 32 inch flat screen Panasonic LED TV at the same spot for the past 4 years and he never break it. is it because the samsung curve TV is too fragile that when my 5 years old son hit it with his palm enough to create a crack

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-12 at 11.12.56 AM.jpeg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Oh no! I am so sorry that this has happened, that's never fun to deal with. As far as the sensitivity goes, the larger and more intricate the screen the easier it is to break. I wouldn't necessarily call it fragile, but it's not something you want small children or pets to be able to reach as it is always possible that something like this can happen. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userjY1aacUcvJ
Constellation

I have a uhd curved 55 with a crack in it. Got it from mom because she doesn't want the stress but I like a challenge. Where can I buy screens. I can do the repair myself I never plan to take it back to Samsung for the warranty anyway. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Parts can be purchased from J&J International at  800-627-4368.  

userCHiQZyel8l
Constellation

I have a 49 inch TV that this happened to as well. I DO call it "EXREMELY FRAGILE" !!

I would not recomend anyone buy this model of TV, mine is 49MU8000.

Even a simple thing like bumping it with your elbow while vacuming your house will break this TV!

That is not acceptable.

Samsung...your waranty is worthless when you make something that is so fragile that it breaks under normal conditions, then don't take responsibility for it.