JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NOW my SS TV won't 'SmartView'

(Topic created: 12-27-2020 03:29 PM)
ThatJimbob
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I have a 2 year old 65" 4K Samsung Smart TV on which, until 2 days ago, I could easily mirror my Samsung S20+ 5G phone.  Now, after I select the TV, instead of the screen prompt to 'Allow' the mirroring... nothing on the TV, while on my phone is just the constant 'swirl'.

Until Thanksgiving, the Chromecast we've always had attached would also list with the TV for selection for Smartview, but since has not appeared.

I've rebooted the TV, the internet router, the Chromecast, and my phone in varying combinations with no effect. 

Any suggestions? ALL help is appreciated.

Thank you. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGM
Sun
Options

Try this to solve your problem: Go to settings (on phone); then go to General Managment; then Reset; Press Reset Network Settings... then after reset, check your SmartView & Dex; Hopefully this works. Good luck!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options

Please go to Settings>Support and provide the full model code and current software version so that we can best assist. 

0 Likes
ThatJimbob
Astronaut
Options
Hello - Thank you for your reply!

My 'full model code' is:
UN65MU8000

My 'current software version' is:
T-KTMAKUC 1280.5 , BT-5

'Sub-Micom Version'
T-KTMINTV-1012

:o)
0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Just to confirm are you on the same wi-fi as in both on 2.4GHz? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
ThatJimbob
Astronaut
Options
Yes, all devices are (& have been) on the same 2.4GHz & 5GHz network at ~100Mbs bandwidth up & down.

Seems this all came to pass just after the last Samsung T-Mobile Android OS update ~5 weeks ago. :o(
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

I would recommend a factory reset on the TV to see if the issues still occur and also make sure that both devices are on 2.4GHz. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options

Nice!!! I'm glad that worked for you.   I only recently learned about using Dex... If you're not familiar with it, it's worth exploring. (check out on YouTube)  You can have your movies show up on your TV and still be able to use your phone to do virtually anyting... kind of cool! - - Enjoy!

0 Likes
user1wkW2srLOp
Asteroid
Options
Hitting the same issue after installing the Android 11 One UI 3.0 update on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. Both wireless DeX and Smart View are non-functional after the update
Solution
DGM
Sun
Options

Try this to solve your problem: Go to settings (on phone); then go to General Managment; then Reset; Press Reset Network Settings... then after reset, check your SmartView & Dex; Hopefully this works. Good luck!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!
0 Likes
ThatJimbob
Astronaut
Options
Thanks! I tried 'Reset Network Settings' and my TV finally asked to Allow/Deny Smart View from my phone. 🙂

The Chromecast still doesn’t appear as a device choice though. 😕