JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NOW my SS TV won't 'SmartView'

(Topic created: 12-27-2020 03:29 PM)
ThatJimbob
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I have a 2 year old 65" 4K Samsung Smart TV on which, until 2 days ago, I could easily mirror my Samsung S20+ 5G phone.  Now, after I select the TV, instead of the screen prompt to 'Allow' the mirroring... nothing on the TV, while on my phone is just the constant 'swirl'.

Until Thanksgiving, the Chromecast we've always had attached would also list with the TV for selection for Smartview, but since has not appeared.

I've rebooted the TV, the internet router, the Chromecast, and my phone in varying combinations with no effect. 

Any suggestions? ALL help is appreciated.

Thank you. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
user1wkW2srLOp
Asteroid
Options
Yes, this fixed my Smart View and wireless DeX issues to my Samsung TV. Google chromecast devices are nolonger present in the Smart View list but my understanding is that Android 11 has licensing restriction changes Samsung has not signed up for licenses for Smart View to these Google devices.

The downside of this network reset is that I have to add all my WiFi and BT devices again which for me are many but at least I have a functioning DeX and Smart View now to Samsung HDTVs
userFrqMOqsrZe
Astronaut
Options

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my new Samsung QN92A Neo QLED TV and a new Samsung S20FE smartphone.

I contacted Samsung support on several occasions and tried everything they suggested but with no success (resetting, checking, resets, etc., etc., you name it) . SmartThings recognises the TV but gets in to a loop when trying to make a SmartView or SmartThings (mirroring, Screen Sharing) connection.

I found by trial and error a (strange) solution that is clumsy but seems to be reliable:

- On the TV: from home screen, go to the sources icon, then connection guide, select smartphone, screen sharing - before exiting this page select SmartView on the telephone and select the TV. This shows the phone screen on the TV every time I tried, albeit initially in multi screen mode (select back to exit this multi screen mode). If the connection guide screen isn’t open SmartView doesn’t work.

- I had also found previously that unplugging the TV for several seconds allowed a mirroring/sharing connection through SmartThings but haven’t repeated this as it involves moving the TV each time.

The first ‘solution’ above worked for me but there appears to be serious unresolved SmartView and SmartThings software/firmware issues on the TV, the phone or both. For a  new (2021) system costing  about €2000 in total this is not satisfactory. Updates and guidance is needed from Samsung.

Finally, I should note that Samsung TapView also does not work reliably!

Hope this helps.

0 Likes