Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NU Model TV With A Dark Vertical Shadow

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userOLI1ZomhXR    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello All,

I have a Samsung TV and the right side of it is Black... It just happened tonight.

The model is: UN50NU6900B

Has anyone else had this issue?

Is there an easy fix? 

Is it worth it to repair the TV?

Thanks for any answers or help.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

simply disgusting.  Samsung will not get .y business again. All they have to do is satisfy their customers,  that's it, period! But no, they want to produce faulty products and charge us to fix their own bad products? No more Samsung,  im switching to Sony!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dark shadow has developed on 55in 4k curved tv. Just slightly out of warranty and this tv has litterally never been moved after it was setup. Bought in October of 2018 and this just now happened today. Super sad to find out this is a regular issue and will probably have to find my own repair. If anyone can help feel free to let me know. Also- yes I have done the screen test/ troubleshooting 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the shadow appear on all sources and inputs as well? Is there anything connected to the TV like a gaming console or Bluray player? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, there is an Xbox connected and it still shows the black shadow across all inputs

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to verify, when you have the Xbox disconnected, the dark shadow still occurs? Can you shoot me a private message with the full model and serial number as well as a photo of the dark shadow?

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

It looks like your TV is experiencing a hardware issue, possible screen issue. This is something that requires an in home service, which requires a technician to be sent your house. You need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are experiencing and they will be able to set you up with an appointment and have someone come and take a look at it, and ultimately, fix it for you. They will explain everything over the phone. If the television is out of warranty, you may be subject to a charge.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,  My 2 year old Samsung 55" LED TV has a dark shadow in the middle of the screen running up and down. I took it to a repair store but they said that it was the panel and was not cost effective to repair. Is this possible? If so I need to rplace it, any ideas on another model that won't be so prone to problems. We have 3 oher Samsung TV's and never had a single problem.

Model: 

SAMSUNG 55" Class 4K (2160P) Ultra HD Smart LED TV UN55NU7100FXZA (2018 model)
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userd8U6nTkNHf 

So what the issue seems to be is that a row or panel section of the LED's internally has blown out. So it's definately a hardware issue. I'm not sure what the cost would be to repair it but I just recommend you contact 1-800-SAMSUNG to get a certified tech to your home and troubleshoot it. 

I hope this bit of info helps in any way.