Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: NU Model TV With A Dark Vertical Shadow

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userd8U6nTkNHf 

So what the issue seems to be is that a row or panel section of the LED's internally has blown out. So it's definately a hardware issue. I'm not sure what the cost would be to repair it but I just recommend you contact 1-800-SAMSUNG to get a certified tech to your home and troubleshoot it. 

I hope this bit of info helps in any way. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it really helped me confirm my gut feeling. Since I already paid for one evaluation I think that I'll cut my losses and concede the enivitable. Thank you so much for your help. I thinking about another brand this time, any thoughts??

Thanks again,

Mike

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My UN55NU7300 uhd tv developed dark shadow 6 mos. after warranty ended. Talked to support and was told I have to pay for repair. This is the second Samsung tv to fail in last 3 years. Internet says it's a failed backlight strip. A $25 part. Samsung repair will be 100s. If I don't get satisfaction this is the last Samsung product I will buy. They need to stand behind their products. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

tv samsung.jpga dark shadow appeared on the side of the screen, now it's getting worse!!!

the technical service of samsung says that the led bars should be changed since they are short-circuited ... the cost is 150USD + the cost of the technician visit 40USD, since it is out of warranty (1 year 5 months of purchase)

very disappointed!!!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the problem continues and I see that many are affected.
This failure occurs on televisions that are no older than a year and a half ... therefore, without warranty
The repair cost is more than half the price of the same television.

So the best solution is to repair all those affected at no cost !!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I am a customer from Chile, a colleague of yours from Samsung tells me that they can not do anything since you are advisers only for the United States.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung UN55NU6900 4K tv for barely over a year, that is only in use when I go to bed at night. When I turned the tv on yesterday, there it was, a dark vertical shadow on the screen just left of the center.  I'm very disappointed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have included a picture of the tv in this post. 2D5ACB1B-4D60-4AFF-A41F-EB2CA1471958.jpeg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm back today with an update. 3 days later an additional vertical dark shadow has appeared on the screen. This new one has a purple cast to it. I will post a picture of it so you can see it now.

A2A2C42B-9143-4009-942F-290F0B4AFDC4.jpeg