cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

NU Model TV With A Dark Vertical Shadow

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought this over a year ago, now having the same problems as many of you here in this forum. Called and yes we were offered an extended warranty to fix it but it's definitely gonna happen again. Top it off with the fact I have another one in the bedroom just waiting on line to do the same thing. How many consumers have had this issue and what point does Samsung make an effort to make it right. If it's truly the LED strips that is causing the issue R&D should have an appropriate fix, not an band aid to just push me out another year.PXL_20201022_234231680.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NU Model TV With A Dark Vertical Shadow

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, if you are experiencing dark shadow on your TV confirm the following:

Is the unit plugged into a surge protector? If so, plug the unit directly into the wall outlet.

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Does this happen on all sources? If so, test the cables and do the picture test/

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a samsung 55" Class NU7300 Curved Smart 4K UHD TV (MODEL NUMBER: UN55NU7300FXZA)  last year in May 2019 and in just 1.5 yrs the screen has turned black from right hand side. 

When i approached samsung support, they are demanding $300 to fix it. A lot of people have reported this issue and it seems like a product issue but still they are charging hefty sum of money to fix it. This is really pathetic service from Samsung. If they don't fix it at a lesser price, i am not going to buy any samsung product ever in my life. 

I am going to go to consumer forum to report this issue and encourage everyone in this thread to file this compain. Samsung is just playing around with our hard earned money by deliberately introducing this defect. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I Bought My Samsung TV November of 2018.  Literally hardly use this TV as it is in Our Guest Room.  Yesterday out of No where our TV Has A dark Shadow Vertical Line on it.  I have had this TV less than 2 years.  I have researched and tried all the Tests to do and Nothing has Worked. For the Price I paid for this TV it will be ridiculous to have to pay for someone to fix this as It is not even 2 years old.  Will Samsung stand behind their product?
IMG_9335.jpg
IMG_9334.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, if you are experiencing dark shadow on your TV confirm the following:

Is the unit plugged into a surge protector? If so, plug the unit directly into the wall outlet.

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Does this happen on all sources? If so, test the cables and do the picture test/

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message one of our moderators to have service processed

- If you're OUT of warranty, you the following link to locate a service center in your area by using the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungBRI I have had this TV for only a Year and some Change.  The Warranty is only for a Year.  Now this happens and I am out almost a $$grand now bc this TV cant be covered... I have done all them tests and it still has the shadow.  I would think Samsung should stand behind their product.  Instead having to spend money on purchasing a new TV or having it repaired???

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Two days ago, the now infamous "dark shadow" appeared on my UN65NU7100 series TV that I bought in March of 2019.

I am absolutely floored by the number of people who have reported this problem and equally shocked by what appears to be the failure of Samsung to satisfactorily address for it for many of you.

I am not going away. I am not letting this go. I work too hard for my money to simply roll over and take it from Samsung as a "oh well, too bad your warranty expired" moment.

I've seen a number of people calling for a class action and while I would just prefer to have my TV fixed rather than go through all of that, I am onboard should I not receive satisfaction here.  

Please respond if you have started a class action or are interested in starting one.

This is disgraceful and a kick in the teeth to too many consumers to let them get away with it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Tv screen dark on one side, then switched to other side

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

The left side of my Samsung 43in UN43NU7100 went dark (dark in center, progressing to black) a few days ago. It is, of course, mere months out of warranty so we let it be over the weekend while we researched possible solutions, but then, as we watched the tv, the right side of the screen started darkening, and then suddenly the left side went back to normal the the right lalf went dark. We unplugged all HDMI connections with no change, tried a different power source as well with no change. We do not have cable, only using apps thru wifi connection. Any possible fixes?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Let's Try Again...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Two days ago, the now infamous "dark shadow" appeared on my UN65NU7100 series TV that I bought in March of 2019.

I am absolutely floored by the number of people who have reported this problem and equally shocked by what appears to be the failure of Samsung to satisfactorily address for it for many of you.

I am not going away. I am not letting this go. I work too hard for my money to simply roll over and take it from Samsung as a "oh well, too bad your warranty expired" moment.

I've seen a number of people calling for a class action and while I would just prefer to have my TV fixed rather than go through all of that, I am onboard should I not receive satisfaction here.  

Please respond if you have started a class action or are interested in starting one.

This is disgraceful and a kick in the teeth to too many consumers to let them get away with it.

I'll wait for SamsungBri or SamsungAl (who I PM'd yesterday with no response) to reply...

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Let's Try Again...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same stuff has happened to me.  I have had my TV not even 2 years and I have that shadow in the pictures attached and I can't even get help!!!!  It is ridiculous to Have a Company like them that does not stand behind their product.  65" TV which I spent my hard earned money on and gone just like that..........IMG_9335.jpgIMG_9334.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Let's Try Again...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Observed a weird thing today. My samsung tv was showing shadow in right  side till today. Then I used hair dryer in the same room where my TV is and noticed a little fluctuation in light whenever i turned on the dryer. And after couple of minutes, i noticed that the shadow from the TV was also gone. I am not sure if it's because of hair dryer or something else but it worked for me at least for today Smiley Happy