JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NU Model TV With A Dark Vertical Shadow

(Topic created on: 12/15/20 9:55 PM)
user2XPcXGDV0S
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Bought this over a year ago, now having the same problems as many of you here in this forum. Called and yes we were offered an extended warranty to fix it but it's definitely gonna happen again. Top it off with the fact I have another one in the bedroom just waiting on line to do the same thing. How many consumers have had this issue and what point does Samsung make an effort to make it right. If it's truly the LED strips that is causing the issue R&D should have an appropriate fix, not an band aid to just push me out another year.PXL_20201022_234231680.jpg

0 Likes
userZsxK1SRVPe
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have they fix the shadow problem on the UN55NU7200 TV. Indeed to by anew one and not sure if I should buy another samsung

0 Likes
usermRnIWNuWPk
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I purchased Samsung - 65" Class - LED - NU6070 Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR

in 2018 which now has a vertical black shadow on my screen after a little less than 2 years' use. 

Wow, this really breaks your reputation unless  you can provide repair service for free! TVs typically shouldn't only last for 2 years.  Very disappointed in this TV, had it for just under 2 years.  Looks like this happens a lot on these, will never buy Samsung again. 

0 Likes
Members_Go5adLc
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I had this tv for less than 2 years and it all of a sudden had this problem. Reading the forums it looks like I am not the only one. Is there a fix for this without having to pay a rediculous amount? I contacted the nearest service center and they were charing $200+ any parts that are needed. Why would I have to pay for a service that is a known issue with Samsung TVs? This is the first time I ever had to deal with this problem and we own multiple Samsung TVs. Please advise.

132610494_2920998188122365_5382404095482469673_n.jpg                    132203060_2752915964973575_1231644860162050617_n.jpg

0 Likes
userDzxfKsJk9J
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Help! My 79 year old parents have 1/2 of the TV screen dark on their UN55NU7100

0 Likes
userC2WxdGZktJ
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I purchased my TV 2 years ago and I am already having issues with the screen. The screen is displaying a black shadow vertically on the right side. It is very frustrating as this was an expensive purchase. I called Samsung and they will send out a service repair, however, I will have to pay $200.00 minimum for the labor since it is no longer under warranty.  It did not undergo any damage and it has never been moved from the time it was purchased. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, were you able to fix it?

I am so dissapointed and expected better quality from a Samsung product.

0 Likes
user5uKllEeZAF
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Samsung,

I have a 55 inch NU710 that has a brightish light bleeding thru bottom center of screen and the right side is darkened. Based on other posts, this seems to be a fairly common issue. TV less than 2 years old.

I have tried the basic troubleshooting recommended by Mods. Of course this doesn't fix it.

Is there a resolution for this? Can Samsung offer any additional assistance?

user5uKllEeZAF
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@user5uKllEeZAF wrote:

Samsung,

I have a 55 inch NU710 that has a brightish light bleeding thru bottom center of screen and the right side is darkened. Based on other posts, this seems to be a fairly common issue. TV less than 2 years old.

I have tried the basic troubleshooting recommended by Mods. Of course this doesn't fix it.

Is there a resolution for this? Can Samsung offer any additional assistance?

I received an email indicating my thread was merged with an existing thread because "they contained similar content with a solution." 

I ask again, Samsung-

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? Certainly not your basic cut and paste from level 1 support of "powering off tv, try another HDMI cable, unplug from power strip!"

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

If the troubleshooting was no help, the television will require service. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
JDMxBOY
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I bought my NU7100 Series LED TV (Model# UN43NU7100F) back in late 2018 and just today the left side of the screen went dark. Does anyone have a possible fix for this? I am out of warranty so I do not know how much this will cost me out of pocket.

I am very disappointed in the quality of these Samsung products as I have been a Samsung user for a long time.

0 Likes
userc9JZip5l8F
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My TV is not even 2 years old (19 months) and it has a dark shadow on the right. After contacting the service center, they referred to some third party repair shop that charges $200 just to come and look at it. 

I am very disappointed to buy this TV. Seems like a lot of other people reported similar issues. Why doesn’t Samsung fix this for free if it is a known issue? It is a shame for products from such a renowned brand.

0 Likes