JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NU Model TV With A Dark Vertical Shadow

(Topic created: 10-22-2020 05:37 PM)
user2XPcXGDV0S
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Bought this over a year ago, now having the same problems as many of you here in this forum. Called and yes we were offered an extended warranty to fix it but it's definitely gonna happen again. Top it off with the fact I have another one in the bedroom just waiting on line to do the same thing. How many consumers have had this issue and what point does Samsung make an effort to make it right. If it's truly the LED strips that is causing the issue R&D should have an appropriate fix, not an band aid to just push me out another year.PXL_20201022_234231680.jpg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

The private message link will take you to the inbox option in the community.  There is no facebook involved.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usergjlJTZpod7
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Costco.... and an extended Warranty saved us... thank God my wife called when it first showed up; otherwise we would’ve been SOL... it comes and goes... this last incident seems to be permanent... Costco is letting us return it.... Costco Rocks!!!! 

0 Likes
userCiC0uYnufI
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Two days ago, the now infamous "dark shadow" appeared on my UN65NU7100 series TV that I bought in March of 2019.

I am absolutely floored by the number of people who have reported this problem and equally shocked by what appears to be the failure of Samsung to satisfactorily address for it for many of you.

I am not going away. I am not letting this go. I work too hard for my money to simply roll over and take it from Samsung as a "oh well, too bad your warranty expired" moment.

I've seen a number of people calling for a class action and while I would just prefer to have my TV fixed rather than go through all of that, I am onboard should I not receive satisfaction here.  

Please respond if you have started a class action or are interested in starting one.

This is disgraceful and a kick in the teeth to too many consumers to let them get away with it.

userU0GmxkuTn8
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello,

The left side of my Samsung 43in UN43NU7100 went dark (dark in center, progressing to black) a few days ago. It is, of course, mere months out of warranty so we let it be over the weekend while we researched possible solutions, but then, as we watched the tv, the right side of the screen started darkening, and then suddenly the left side went back to normal the the right lalf went dark. We unplugged all HDMI connections with no change, tried a different power source as well with no change. We do not have cable, only using apps thru wifi connection. Any possible fixes?

0 Likes
userWDlw6ZNxLt
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yup same issue. Contacted them and they said I was SOL. The TV is just out of warranty. Two months. After almost twenty years of being a loyal customer. Needless to say, I'm a bit perturbed by this. They bloody well know that it is an issue with their product and there should be a recall or repair offered at no charge. 

userCiC0uYnufI
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Two days ago, the now infamous "dark shadow" appeared on my UN65NU7100 series TV that I bought in March of 2019.

I am absolutely floored by the number of people who have reported this problem and equally shocked by what appears to be the failure of Samsung to satisfactorily address for it for many of you.

I am not going away. I am not letting this go. I work too hard for my money to simply roll over and take it from Samsung as a "oh well, too bad your warranty expired" moment.

I've seen a number of people calling for a class action and while I would just prefer to have my TV fixed rather than go through all of that, I am onboard should I not receive satisfaction here.  

Please respond if you have started a class action or are interested in starting one.

This is disgraceful and a kick in the teeth to too many consumers to let them get away with it.

I'll wait for SamsungBri or SamsungAl (who I PM'd yesterday with no response) to reply...

user4OVlbdvAFh
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same stuff has happened to me.  I have had my TV not even 2 years and I have that shadow in the pictures attached and I can't even get help!!!!  It is ridiculous to Have a Company like them that does not stand behind their product.  65" TV which I spent my hard earned money on and gone just like that..........IMG_9335.jpgIMG_9334.jpg

useryEonPnbHP7
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Observed a weird thing today. My samsung tv was showing shadow in right  side till today. Then I used hair dryer in the same room where my TV is and noticed a little fluctuation in light whenever i turned on the dryer. And after couple of minutes, i noticed that the shadow from the TV was also gone. I am not sure if it's because of hair dryer or something else but it worked for me at least for today 🙂 

0 Likes
michaeltharpe247
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Hi,

I've recently had the same thing happen to the same model TV I bought in July of 2019.  Not even a year and a half old.  

Have tried resetting the TV and tested the picture but it failed.

What should we do?  

Michael

Tharpe's Samsung 50_ UN50NU7100F 4K TV.jpg

0 Likes
userujA9y9kKUF
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello, I'm a new member of the shadow club.

It appeared today. After a quick google search I see it's a common issue.

TV is less than 2 years old and model UN50NU7100.

Not happy Samsung!