JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NU Model TV With A Dark Vertical Shadow

(Topic created: 10-22-2020 05:37 PM)
user2XPcXGDV0S
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Bought this over a year ago, now having the same problems as many of you here in this forum. Called and yes we were offered an extended warranty to fix it but it's definitely gonna happen again. Top it off with the fact I have another one in the bedroom just waiting on line to do the same thing. How many consumers have had this issue and what point does Samsung make an effort to make it right. If it's truly the LED strips that is causing the issue R&D should have an appropriate fix, not an band aid to just push me out another year.PXL_20201022_234231680.jpg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userBonYiBe9My
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My tv has developed dark spots on the screen. It started with a line down the screen to the right of center and now there are 2. One all the way to the right of the screen and one left of center. Ive tried the picture test and all other inputs and it’s the same. 

userRuoMmBabHg
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I’m also in the club. But i see my tv “expired” after ~3 years. Never again samsung.image.jpg

0 Likes
userl888KJO5N5
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Three days ago I joined the shadow club.  A wide strip almost centered on my UN50NU7100 TV.  Under 2 years old.  Very disturbing.  Is Samsung doing anything, Samsung?  

0 Likes
user35QsqNKf8h
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Well, I see I'm definitely not the only one with this issue. The screen fades from shadow to black on the whole right side. I bought my 65" Nov. 2019. I didn't take the ext. warranty. I figured by the time something would happen, I'd buy a new one. I didn't think in a lil over a year something would happen. All my tvs are samsung, and never had this problem and have them over 5yrs. Then again, they are not 4K. Funny how theseTVs have done this to all of us in this group, in just over year, past warranty of course. I have a repair ticket in with Samsung Techs, but does anyone know the cost of this repair? I paid $479.00 and to spend 200-300 to fix not at all worth it.
Please keep me informed if a class action suit does come to fruition. Thanks all
0 Likes
userLyu6YI3IEi
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Add me to the list. Samsung said no service center in my area so just sol on 50 inch 4K purchased 18 months again. Will never buy a Samsung product again.

userKnkcdby3aJ
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Any help with telling me why my 13 month old samsung curved tv is darker in a portion of the screen?

 is this an easy fix or do I just trash it and buy a different brand tv?

20210328_225007.jpg

0 Likes
useruzfipulOfe
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

What a disappointment! I can't believe after close to 10 years, Samsung is willing to lose a loyal customer. And, by the looks of it, many customers.

Same story, purchased a UN40NU7100 in March 2019. Today, half the screen is black. Contacted Samsung, only to be walked-through the ineffectual troubleshooting steps. I was finally told I need to take it to be checked-out.

I found this thread and figured Samsung or someone would have posted a solution. After reading a few posts I realized I was screw*d.

I want my money back! Does anyone have information regarding a class action suit against Samsung?

Any information?

Easimi
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

2yrs old Samsung TV and today got the dark band. I will continue to research a solution but otherwise this TV is going to the garbage can.

StensKid
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

So frustrating! I bought a 75" NU7100 UHD TV from Samsung directly - I noticed this same shadow in the middle of my TV not even 2 years in. I'm told there is nothing they can do - not even offering me $300 to fix it (I would take that!). In fact, Samsung had a repair company come out ($75 out of my pocket) - the guy literally laughed and said this repair is well over the cost of the TV and that he has seen this before and that it's a shame that Samsung isn't addressing this and fixing these issues. This isn't something I did - the TV has been used maybe 30 times. Insane! I can't even get a supervisor to get on the phone. I could see a class action lawsuit here - this is insane. TV.jpg

user6sn3kW8J9p
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same issue... Pretty sad we spend a decent amount of money on the Samsung curved tv and now we going to have to throw it out and buy a new tv but NEVER AGAIN will we buy a Samsung tv......... 😠😡🤬