cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

NU6900 TV won't always turn on

The stand by light is lite and blinks when trying to turn on the tv.  We have tried with the remote and manually.  Cords are all secure and power strips work fine.  Only way we can get it to turn on is my unplugging for a few minutes.  Is there a secret we don't know about and is this a common thing.  We have only had this TV for a couple of weeks.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NU6900 TV won't always turn on

I'm sorry to hear that, how long have you had these symptoms? Also if possible can you provide your current software version for your TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, how long have you had these symptoms? Also if possible can you provide your current software version for your TV? 

It started shortly after we got the tv.  We have had the tv for about 3 weeks.

I am not sure about the software.  How would I find that out?

Thank you

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You should be able to see your software version by going to settings>support>about. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

You should be able to see your software version by going to settings>support>about. 

Thanks - it is T-KTSUAKUC -1290.4

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Your TV is up to date, since the TV is still so new you can go back to your place of purchase and try for an exchange or if you prefer you can send me a private message with your full serial number and we can set you up for service. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

Your TV is up to date, since the TV is still so new you can go back to your place of purchase and try for an exchange or if you prefer you can send me a private message with your full serial number and we can set you up for service. 

Would a service person come to our house or would we need to disconnect it all and take it somewhere.  Trying to figure out which is the best way to go.  Would the service cost anything?

Thank you so much for all your help.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

To be able to determine whether you will have to take the TV in for service and to have a technician come out I would need your serial number and your location information, and since the TV is so new it should be covered under our one year date of purchase warranty. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you.  I will get a hold of the person who got it for us and see where he got it.  To take it in would I need something from you or just take it back and tell them what I have told you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You shouldn't need anything from us you just may need the receipt depending on the retailer.