Original topic:

NU7100 Smart 4K UHD TV Stopped recognizing ARC connected soundbar

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 7:21 AM)
user11A5J5UPt7
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello,

I have a two year old Samsung 43 Class NU7100 4K UHD TV that has been connected successfully for the past month to a Bose Soundbar 300 via HDMI 3 (ARC).  Yesterday after an idle period of about 20 minutes, I noticed my TV was not pushing audio through the soundbar.  Upon going into Sound Settings and selecting Source, and attempting to select 'Receiver', I noticed that 'Receiver' no longer existed as a choice.  

Keep in mind I can navigate via TV input source to HDMI 3 'channel' which tells me to download the Bose Music App, but the TV refuses to acknowledge the ARC connection to the soundbar.  This is deeply disappointing.

I have done the unplug method several times for both the soundbar AND the TV, but the television does not recognize a 'Receiver'.  I have changed the HDMI cable as well, but the TV refuses to acknowledge the presence of an audio 'Receiver'.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips here?  Most things I read tell you how to get the TV to push audio through a recognized 'Receiver', but my TV does not recognize my Bose.

Please advise.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
userXHkuyEd5RF
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Find out how to RESET the sound bar and then reset it. This is different from unplugging from the  power outlet and plugging it back in. I had the exact problem but with different brand sound bar and I called the manufacturer and was advised how to reset it. It worked!

0 Likes
user11A5J5UPt7
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Did a full reset of the soundbar, and the soundbar is re-set up.  The tv still does not recognize anything plugged into the HDMI ARC.

Advanced CEC is enabled on both the TV and the soundbar.  The TV simply does not recognize the device.

Does anyone have any other ideas?  2 year old TV, 2 month old soundbar. 

Would hate to get rid of the soundbar or the TV.

0 Likes