JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 10-10-2017 01:56 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
userjmhLNzqia5
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

thank you. you should be awarded with a medal from samsung. you saved my night

0 Likes
userjmhLNzqia5
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I bet it has something to do with wikileaks pointing out how samsung has covert microphones in the televisions. I bet the errors are stemming from some type of glitch. 

0 Likes
rick64
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
just want to add to the post.

unreal this can't be fixed
0 Likes
j0seluis
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

At least with this new update they addressed the info button within Netflix so we know what resolution it's playing at

0 Likes
user8iiIW6HMsP
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

That's it!

0 Likes
Honus
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
FYI, at least on the KS9000 we figured out that if you hold the power button on the remote for a few seconds it will reset the TV and appears to have the same effect as unplugging it.
0 Likes
userOY7YawvZc2
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem here. But for me, simply exiting the Netflix app everytime did not work to stop the issue of non-responsiveness from happening again. However, I've found that if you log out of your Netflix account after each use, you shouldn't run into any problems. While it is a minor annoynace to have to log out each time and then put in your password everytime you want to watch something, it is much less of an annoyance than having to unplug the TV or having to do a Smarthub reset and then resigning into your samsung account and then your netflix account.

This has been working for me for a week now with no problems.... This solution stopped me from returning the TV tpo Bestbuy although I would appreciate a more official solution from Samsung/Netflix

0 Likes
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What seems to be working for me is:

Once I've gotten into Netflix, by unplugging or any other means, and Netflix is running OK:

1. I get out of Netflix by getting to the screen that has an option "Exit Netflix" and I use that option.

2. This brings up the Smarthub banner with all the apps across the bottom of the screen

3. I wait until this banner has completely disappeared before proceeding to any other option.

If I want to go from Netrflix to Amazon, I exit Netflix, wait until the banner disappears, hit the Smarthub button on the remote, choose Amazon, and all's ok.  If I try to go from Netflix to banner and then immediately go to Amazon or HDMI, it works, but seems to mess up Netflix again so that I've got to unplug-replug the set again.

0 Likes
userh0rGVwZJxV
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Sorry could you tell me exactly how to logout / login of /in Netflix please on my Samsung ( also currently not loading grrr)

steps for dummies please...

0 Likes
userFGaRTCqi4K
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

same problem here guys...

Model UN32D5500

It`s old, but for me and netflix it`s enough.

Also, Youtube was removed from smarthub...

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6098135?hl=en-GB

0 Likes