JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 08-14-2016 12:52 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userScyBV98bZJ: Could you provide the model of the television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
cyd
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
That is what gets Netflix working for me on my Samsung Smart TVs. But it seems that it works for a while and then it stops working and I have to reload the Netflix app. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with a Samsung support person and he didn't seem to be aware of the issue. He just kept wanting me to test the app. I finally told him I had other things I needed to do.
0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am sorry to hear this. Have you tried the troubleshooting that was provided in this thread? Thank you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
KE85
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've done the sign out, unplug the tv and power up, sign in again multiple times over the past 6 months or so.  I had to recently do this dance a week ago (First week of AUG 16), there's still a problem IMO.  It's getting annoying... has anyone else had to repeat the dance after you got back up and running?  My wife watches a lot of netflicks, so I'm wondering if after so many hours you have to repeat.  I'll post again when I have to do the "dance" again.

I have UN65 HU8550 TV (2014) and a BD-HS900/ZA smart Blue Ray player.  The most recent time we had to do the "dance", netflicks was working on the blue ray player (however horrible quality?).  I have Time Warner 300mbs (usually runs around 100mbs most of time, possibly b/c I'm on Wi-Fi).  Anyway, just as everyone states, netflicks works fine on every other device in my house (Xbox - with a weak Wi-Fi signal, iPads, etc.) but not on my $3k Smart TV. 

Do post if you have to repeat the dance.

SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did you already try a country code reset? 

0 Likes
KE85
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

0 Likes
KE85
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@SamsungJustin wrote:

Did you already try a country code reset? 

How do you do that?  I saw where people were changing to UK to get the UK version of the app then changing country codes back to the US. 

0 Likes
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

First if you will go ahead a reset the smart hub. In the smart hub process you will come to a terms and conditions page. On this page instead of selecting enter press the following button sequence on your Samsung remote: Mute, Return, Vol. ^, Ch ^, Mute. A country code list will appear. Once it appears please select Afghanistan or Andorra. The terms and conditions will change to a different language go ahead and agree to the terms and conditions. And finish the set up. The unit will begin to delete all US apps and loading foreign apps in. Let this process complete. Once the process is complete, reset the smart hub once more, and on the terms and conditions page press the buttons once again: Mute, Return, Vol. ^, Ch ^, Mute. Make sure you select US from the list. Agree to terms to complete the set up. You will now see the foreign apps being deleted and all the US apps will load back in. Once they are completely loaded back in please try accessing the app again

user2Fx7oH1q6D
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks Samsungjustin! Your solution worked. Samsung help desk is a waste of time.

0 Likes
user2Fx7oH1q6D
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Worked in getting my Netflix app working again. Thank you!!
0 Likes