JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 08-23-2018 08:02 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
userfpBLUSDXgl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It’s a Samsung problem , I have 3 other smart TVs that r not Samsung an I have no issues with Netflix!! I’ll never buy another Samsung product !! 

0 Likes
userC3uBiT89EQ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unplug the tv for one minute mine works

0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userC3uBiT89EQ: Thank you for sharing 🙂

0 Likes
usergEZMemxh1R
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You can keep on unpluggging - the problems come back 

My UE49KS7005 have had the same issues for almost two years now - Samsung Tech support in Denmark and USA have contacted me - we have done several reinstall and TV "wash" factory resets etc. Notthing helps - after a few days/weeks the problem is back 

Sometimes It just keep buffering (24%) and then notthing - other times "Can´t play this.........)

I have a UE55JS8005 - never had any issues - the KS7005 is a piece of c*** - and now it also have started to black out when I change channels - picture and sound disapear *puff* gone - then I have to turn off power - wait a min or 3 then plug in again - 3 days later the problems is back

Got a new firmware 1230 today from Samsung Denmark Tech support - but I guess in a day or 3 the problems are back.

I was so happy for my UE55JS8005 - thats why I got the UE49KS7005 for the bedroom - but now I believe thats my last Samsung - ever.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Brand new Model Samsung TV 50 Smart TV NU6900BXZA - does not work with Netflix.  I worked with Netflix for 30 minutes trying to troubleshoot, and with Remote Support from Samsung for over 1 hour, and it does not work.

These TV's from Samsung have had problems for years with netflix connectivity.  I wonder if they are trying to get you to connect to Netflix via Korea where the plants are located.  This is a disgrace, and I returned it and bought a Sharp 50" Smart Tv with ROKU TV and it worked right away, no delay and wasting half of my day to get something to work which should have taken maybe 5 minutes to setup.

Maybe Samsung should stick to smart phones, even though they seem to have a nasty problem with catching on fire.  I would NEVER recommend a Samsung Product to anyone, ever.  They are GARBAGE.  The Sharp was 20.00 more expensive, and worked out of the box.  I did not have to factory reset, reset the smart hub (about 15 times), did not have to unplug for 2 minutes and then press the TV button for 30 seconds, to erase memory.  Did not have to set the DNS on the TV to google's DNS search, could leave it at my Comcast DNS, and no problems folks.

Samsung is horrible.  RUN as quick as you can so you don't waste the time as I did.

0 Likes
usery0J5eTIhyi
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
You have to buy one but if you simply just get a metal papercli,bend it into the shape of an L then insert the short end into the "ANTENNA IN" (where you would normally screw a cable cord in to) *PLEASE NOTE* DO NOTE JAM OR INSERT IT WITH FORCE...NO NEED TO OR YOU COULD MESS IT UP PROLLY...You will be able to feel that its in And there u have ur antenna☺ enjoy & good luck
0 Likes
userKCIZbQrJPI
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Easy fix for me, the power cable was loosely connected. I re-plugged it tight and it's back on. Thanks!

0 Likes
Rixthe1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The unplug for a few mins worked for me. I bought a MAX HD antenna. 2 for $25. at Mesa Az swap meet. It brings in over 40 channels in Ogden, Utah. https://www.ebay.com/p/Magic-Stick-TV-Max-HD-Antenna-Indoor-outdoor-HDTV-Digital-Channels-With-18ft/...

0 Likes
user5LZi57D85h
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

OMFG THIS ACTUALLY FIXED IT!! JUST UNPLUG THE TV?!?! LOL Thank YoU!!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We're glad that you're up and running.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes