JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 12-27-2016 07:25 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
marcellux
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Netflix is working fine but the only problem I have is that the info key shows nothing when I press it. It jused to show the resolution but not anymore. Does anybody know what I cabn do?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Do you have the newest firmware on your device? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
marcellux
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes I have the newest software (1470.3) . There is also no info when using  YouTube 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is the issue still occuring?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
marcellux
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes, it does. I've heard from several people that they have the same issue when pressing "info" button in the Smart Hub. But I'm sure it did work!

0 Likes
userhniBE1HCjb
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Same thing here all of a sudden about a week ago the info button doesn't show resolution up in the left corner. I called Samsung and they don't know anything. They didn't even know there was a function like this when watching for example Netflix. Also phoned Netflix and they don't know anything.

Samsung released a new firmware for my TV the 19th this month. But this firmware is not found when doing a search on the TV. I just checked the support site on Samsung..com for my tv on internet. And there it was a new firmware. But not able do download from the tv. Had to download it to USB and then upgrade the tv. Also the line were you can claim a service report has gone grey,not available!
0 Likes
userSKcx2ZanBR
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can't even get out of the last show I watched on Netflix. I click the app and it starts up the show, remote doesn't back out, pause, stop, nothing. I can't get out of the app at all to do any of these solutions. 

userDa4tbvOwDV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Yes, I am having the same problem. Netflix is nearly unresponsive, while the other streaming apps are fine.

Samsung should really implement a method by which a given app can be shut down and re-started. Or perhaps all apps. The idea of resetting the entire smart hub and then having to log back into each service is weak..
0 Likes
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The problem exists with the Samsung Netflix app.  My Samsung is hard-wired to my router. I have a 52" flat screen Sony smart tv in the back room, and it runs netflix just fine over wi-fi.  All my computers and tablets run Neflix just fine.  Bottom line is: Samsung should give this issue priority and fix their not-so-Smart TV and buggy software instead of trying to blame it on routers and wifi.  

0 Likes
user8iiIW6HMsP
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Well said!
0 Likes