JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 12-31-2016 03:19 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

user8iiIW6HMsP, Have you tried all the trouble shooting provided here? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Moderator SamsungDrew:  When will Samsung address the Netflix/TV software issue?  It is buggy and inconsistent.  The problem has nothing to do with DNS settings, routers, etc.  The temporary fix of unplugging the set, then plugging it in again is simply not acceptable!  If Sony can do it, why can't Samsung??!!

0 Likes
userDa4tbvOwDV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Agreed with the previous poster.  Netflix worked OK in November-ish, but sometime around early December it became VERY flaky.  Sometimes not honoring a pause command, other times the "return" button does not bring me back to the Netflix browsing experience but rather just punts me out completely to the SmartHub home.  Sometimes, when I try to launch a series directly from the SmartHub via the shortcuts, it just hangs on the ID screen.  I have found a way around that - if I launch another show it normally works, and then I can exit that show and then re-launch the show I actually want to see - but that's a crazy bad experience.  Can't expect my wife to remember all that crap.  And forget the whole smart-hub reset or TV-unplug.  Completely unacceptable. 

In this day & age of the user expereince being the king, Samsung (and/or Netflix) is seriously dropping the ball.

0 Likes
user3uhGcvjOCF
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If Samsung cannot fix this problem in the next 2 weeks, I'm taking my 60 inch KS series TV back to Costco and getting a LG TV.  Every TV in my house is Samsung - I've been a loyal customer for a decade (currently have six Samsung TVs in the house), but this is unacceptable.  I do not have the time or patience to have to reset the entire SmartHub whenever Samsung's SmartHub glitches out on Netflix.  It's time consuming, annoying, and unacceptable when it's a simple software fix on Samsung's end.

Fix it in the next 2 weeks, or I'm going to start my family's switch to LG.  I have no problem taking my business somewhere else where the TV works as it should.

0 Likes
userhniBE1HCjb
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Call Samsung! They have on site/in home service 2 year!. At least here in Sweden. In the warranty! You shouldn't have to do anything else than just make a call. If it's a curved 8 series you have 5 year! They have to fix it. I hope you get it solved. 

I have never owned a Samsung in my life. Always Panasonic. Baught my self a Samsung. To trie it. But that was a mistake Panasonic is soooo much more quality all the way. 

0 Likes
usercKMvuIu6Dc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
In my case, its nit only Netflix. Its all of the internet based apps.
The only thing that has worked is disconnecting/reconnecting power.
Totally unacceptable!
0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can I get the full model number of the unit to better assist you? 

0 Likes
userpauTrq7oGK
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

0 Likes
userpauTrq7oGK
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same issue. It seems to happen when I pause any Netflix movie for about a minute. When I restart, I occasionally get choppy audio that drops for a fraction of a second, then comes back and the whole thing get repeated over and over again. Other times I get the  "cannot play title at this time" issue. Both issues seem to be caused by pausing the videos and seem to go away if you click and hold on the on/off button for more than 5 seconds. This flushes all apps from memory including the Netflix app. Upon restarting Netflix, everything goes back to normal. 

I think this is a Netflix app issue but it was caused by the latest Samsung firware upgrade. Pausing the video in the app seems to corrupt the memory under the new firmware. I don't know when these guys will have a resolution, but you know now the workaround, so enjoy your movies....

0 Likes
userChDGQaB7bA
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same Netflix problem with my new 50" Samsung 4K tv. I love this tv except for this issue. I have had to reset the smart hub 3 times in 2 weeks and that's is none sense. I have Apple TV on another tv and never had such issues. Very disappointed that this issue has not been addressed for such long time by Samsung . Three of my buddies are considering this tv and I will NOT recommend it for this reason. Netflix is the most important app for any smart tv and this really ruined it for me.

0 Likes