JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 01-16-2017 10:14 AM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
userDa4tbvOwDV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Things are working much better for me now.  Netflix has upgraded the smart-hub app to give the same experience as their FireTV app (which is much better than the older version we've had on the smart-hub up until now) and I'm not having the access problems I was having before.

0 Likes
dmuehlbacher83
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hmmh i don't see the Netflix App update right now - for me the latest version is from 9/29/2016?

0 Likes
userDa4tbvOwDV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Interesting on the update - perhaps we have different sets.  I have a UN55KS8000.  They probably are rolling out the new app at different times for differnet models.

Unfortunately, however, I spoke too soon.  I am now seeing the same access problems that I saw before.  Such as:

- Launching the app gets me to the "Who's wathching Netflix" screen but never further.

- Launching directly to the show I want to watch from the home screen just hangs.

- Launching directly to a differnt show will start that show, but Netflix is unresponsive to all commands (such as Back, Pause, etc). other than Exit.  So I cannot make my way back to the Netflix home screen and select the show I want.

These are the exact set of issues that I had with the older app.

So, given that Netflix has done a major update to the app and the exact same access problems still exist, it seems likely that the problem is on the Samsung side, not the Netflix side.

Samsung, are you listening?

My advice at this point is to buy a Fire TV.  One thing we can say about Amazon is that they know how to make a good platform.  Samsung has some learning to do in that department.

0 Likes
dmuehlbacher83
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have two KU7000 sets, maybe the new app rolls out later on these.

Too bad the update didn't fix the netflex-freezing problem. I had a chat on help.netflix.com last week and the support assistant said he opened a bug ticket for this problem. But i guess it takes a while.

Honestly i'm very disappointed about Samsung to ignore this *major flaw* on a lot of their tv sets. The common "solutions" like unplug / Smart hub reset / etc. do not help in the long term.

0 Likes
userXNDEOWZ3DM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This exact same thing has been happening to me repeatedly for the past couple of weeks (Netflix freezing at the 'Who's watching' screen and completely unresponsive to the remote). Sometimes going to another app for a bit would fix it, but now that doesn't seem to work. I did a hard SmartHub reset the other day and that solved the problem for about 24 hours, now it's happening again. It's frusturating and a waste of time to continiously do SmartHub resets considering it means I have to keep signing into my various apps. Hopefully Samsung gets an update for this soon! 

0 Likes
Victorsanchez
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userSKcx2ZanBR wrote:

The only thing that works for me is signing out of my Netflix account each time I exit. 

It hasn't frozen since doing that. Not the best option but better than unplugging it every time.

0 Likes
userXNDEOWZ3DM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
How do you sign out when the remote is unresponsive?
0 Likes
userSKcx2ZanBR
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You have to unplug your TV first, wait one minute. Then Netflix should be reset.

From then on, exit out of your Netflix account each time you leave the app.

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

FYI 

UNPLUG POWER TO TV. 

PUSH AND HOLD POWER BUTTON ON TV. 

THE LED ON TV WILL TURN OFF. 

This will take about 5 seconds 

PLUG TV BACK IN. 

0 Likes
usercfOOaDOL57
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unplugging tv and plugging back in immediately (no need to wait) always works for me and this problem happens everyday.  I am concerned though, can this process permanently damage the tv in some way?

0 Likes