JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 01-28-2017 06:46 AM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
userp9jyIJeyKy
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Sorry but I don't have the time to go through 14 pages of replies as I've already gone though 6 and didn't find a clear answer.

I have the 65KS8000 ( one month old) and can't access Netflix for more than a max of one second. I've rebooted and it's good for approximately 6 days then doesn't work. This has happened 4 times, Netflix has worked with the Samsung UBD-K8500 Blu-Ray when I can't gain access through the KS8000 tv, therefore Netfilx is not down. All components are connected to the same hub.

Has there been a clear solution?

0 Likes
userSKcx2ZanBR
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

No solution from Samsung or Netflix.

The only thing that works for me is do the unplug, wait a minute.

Everything should be reset with Netflix. Do not just exit the app, log out of account.

That works for me. Yes you do have to put your password on each time but I'd rather do that then move my entertainment center to unplug the TV every single time.

userL8A8BiTgJa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi, In answer to your question about where to find the reinstall option, I fumbled around with all the controls for quite a while before finding how to reinstall the Netflix App. We have the Samsung Smart TV, UN50ES6150 50" 1080p HD Slim LED Internet TV. The Netflix app one day stopped responding, and would only display a dim grey screen when selected.

Here is how I reinstalled it, after which it worked just fine:

1. Press the multi-colored button on the remote control that makes the home screen display showing all the apps. 

2. Using the arrow buttons, select the Netflix app until it's highlighted on screen (but don't press the Select button) 

3. Press the Tools button on the remote

4. Select Reinstall on the screen menu using the arrow buttons and the Select button

If you're nervous what you are reinstalling, like I was, I selected the "Information" or "About" menu option first to make sure, and it displayed info about the Netflix app.

0 Likes
userL8A8BiTgJa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I also unplugged the TV for a short while before doing this, for good measure, as one of the previous people had recommended.
0 Likes
userDa4tbvOwDV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Well, between the update to the Netflix app and the latest update to the TV (UN55KS8000) itself, Netflix is now working reasonably well.  Thanks to both the Samsung )& Netflix teams for making things better.

0 Likes
dmuehlbacher83
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I'm sorry but i can't find any Netflix or Samsung Firmware update for my tv (KU7000). The Netflix app is still regularly freezing; only unplugging helps.

Is there any chance Samsung tries to work together with Netflix in order to fix the problem???
0 Likes
userrySyic7Qn9
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Problem- Netflix freeze/stuck on ' choose profile' and remote not working.

This is what I have been doing and I have had no problems for about three weeks. Netflix now seems to load without any problems. 

When in Netflix 

Go to and click on the cog wheel (view account info or sign out)

scroll down to 'Exit Netflix'

since then it hasn't frozen/gotten stuck. 

I have attached two photos. 

0 Likes
dmuehlbacher83
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,

thank you - I'll give it a try 🙂 But when leaving Netflix with the "back key" on the remote it freezes next time it is started. That's obviously a bug that should be addressed by either Samsung or Netflix (or both).

Bye,

Daniel

0 Likes
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I use the "back" key only to get to the menu where "exit netflix" is an option.  I then scroll to that option and key on it to exit netflix.   I've found that when I exit Netflix in that manner, I have no problems starting it again.

0 Likes
user2hdnV0Kzbx
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I'm not even going the Netflix app. Where did you go to re-install it?
0 Likes