JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-30-2016 12:24 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
dbowie11
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same tv and same exact issue. So far, no solution.

galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just thought I'd join the party. Moving over here from the Smart Hub is being updated. 

My work is still in progress. Going through the Netflix said its Samsung. Now Samsung said it's Netflix. 

0 Likes
newpower1999
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same problem too I have the HU9000 65" uhdtv with the new one connect box (sek-3500) current software version 1440. Sometimes it doesn't connect to Smart Hub server...I hope samsung can fix this

0 Likes
Jbwiljr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same here.  Sek3500, 1453, 65HU8550, Smart Hub updating, Neflix can't play content error.

michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was able to fix the smart hub error by blocking cloudfront.net using my router like other users have described on this message board. No thanks to Samsung. I'm still having the Netflix problem. Nothing seems to be working. I have read that others have talked to Samsung and they are reporting problems with the HU TVs and SEK Evo Kit will be addressed by a firmware fix in the next week. I don't know how true any of this is. I've also head some users reporting FW 1455 is slowly being rolled out. Not sure it that will have the fix. Hoping it does. All Samsung wants to do is replace your SEK with another one that yields the same results. They should start reading these message boards and the avs forum. People here know more about their equipment and software than their Customer Service department does.  

galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

2nd call to Netflix. 1 hour of troubleshooting. This Rep (Walter is in Dallas TX.) was very professional. The man understood how I how frustrating of a problem we were having. So he dove in head first to help us find a fix. He did not like the he said she said situation we have going. So let's see if we can find a fix. And after he tried everything he had he got his Supervisor in to come up with more possibilities. So we came up with one that might be the fix for the Netflix app. But It's not in the app. So he said he was willing to stay on the line if I wanted to 3 way call Samsung. Well of course the first Samsung Rep was clueless so we went through the same process as when I called Samsung a couple of hours ago. So we get connected to  Remote Management. Well this Rep was offended by so much info that we new. He, whats a nice way to put this, didn't want to here it. Got very loud saying it's a Netflix problem not a Samsung problem. I explained Netflix is on the line trying to help me fix this as you should be also. Well may I please speak to your Supervisor. So I ended my troubleshooting day 2 hrs and 10 minutes. With a Supervisor at Netflix and a Supervisor at Samsung.  Just to get Samsung knows there's a problem. But maybe a fix sometime this week. 

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Still no fix for the Netflix problem.  This is very frustrating. Any moderators know when this issue will be resolved?

jsg22
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just updated with firmware 1455 and Netflix is still not working. So this roll out had nothing to do with fixing that issue. I have 65HU8550 running the SEK-3500. Sucks. This is definitely a Samsung issue. If I remove the SEK-3500, Netflix works fine via the original TV settings. Feels like a complete waste of $399.

0 Likes
biojohn
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

same problem after smart hub update

0 Likes