JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 03-01-2017 09:57 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
userLLfPt4E0Qx
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

the same happens to me!! Restart the tv and solve the moment but later or the next day it is frozen again In who's watching 

0 Likes
Honus
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

You do have that option actually, to force close an app you press and hold the exit/return button until the app closes without prompt. 

That does not work on my KS9000.  It switches back to HDMI1 but Netflix has not actually exited.  Going back to Netflix just returns me to the frozen app.  If I do the same thing with Youtube, Youtube really does restart.  So please, ask your engineers to put in a true kill of the app.  My TV is mounted on a wall, I can't simply unplug it every time this happens. Not too late to return it, so let me know if I should take that route.

By the way, why the prohibition on samsung in the email address when you sign up?  I actually have an email address with samsung in the name.  I don't see how it could be a security problem and no other user can see my email address right?

0 Likes
zoshia
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The remote on my Samsugn TV is not working for either Netflix or You Tube.

Also there is no option to close out the app in the Samsung interface. There however an option in the Netflix interface but if the remote is not working then alas i am unable to to choose that app. Unplugging and pluggin back in is not a good option. There needs to be a way to close out the apps from the smart hub. 

Model # UN50KU6300FXZA

Please correct.

0 Likes
userOcCe9V75Uz
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a new ku6300 and a new ku6270.  The 6300 has Netflix issues while the 6270 does not.  Seems odd since they are supposed to be basically the same.  The 6300 is a 55" and the 6270 is a 60".  Been debating which to keep.  Think the 6300 has a better picture, but cannot get through a Netflix movie without an application time out.  Strange that the 2 act so different with Netflix.

0 Likes
LZCenter
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Exact same problem on my 40" TV.  Was working fine, but just stopped.  Strange.  Looking back, this problem has existed for a LONG time.

Tried some of the old solutions (powering down, uninstalling, logging out/in.) 

This is only one more problem that I have with this TV.  Started with trying to hook up a BT leyboard to overcome the awful remote.  Don't even try.  Useless. 

Did I mention the awful remote and useless voice command?

What a disappointment from the top provider of TVs and other electronics.  They had better get their act tobether.

0 Likes
userVi0hGZCQ78
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi Tim .. have you tried calling Samsung? 

I Finally  did the other week and had a "nice" rep help me.. in my case she had to do a reboot on my tv.. that seems to be the only thing that would make my Netflix start.. 

sorry if you have already tried this.. just trying to help because I understand your frustration.. we just bought our tv in January and was shocked we were having this problem..

0 Likes
userddDTYefOFs
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We were on the phone with Samsung and Netflix. I spent a ridiculous amount of time on the phone with them. They got it to work but the next day, we were at square one again. No loading of Netflix.

I'm sick of this. The marriage of Netlflix and Samsung worked for us until a week ago. No idea what changed but i won't buy a Samsung again unless this is fixed soon.

0 Likes
userDa4tbvOwDV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Get used to it.  I thought the latest round of updates to both the TV & the app fixed things, but eventually it reverts back to it's lame behavior.

The whole "smart" aspect of this TV is a big letdown.  Samsung should just drop the pretense and strip all this crap out of the set, and get back to selling great "dumb" panels.  The only answer seems to be buying a FireTV or AppleTV.  Amazon & Apple know how to make a reliable platform/ecosystem.  Samsung does not.

0 Likes
users6xmUCWOlS
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have tried all of the suggestions multiple times and even contacted yet another Samsung rep today - 2 hour call. I have been trying for several YEARS for a resolution. Netflix and Amazon will not play video and I have not been able to play them on my smart tv for over 4 years. Will never buy another Samsung tv. The apps were one of the main reasons I bought the tv in 2012.  Of course when the warranty expired in 2013, the apps no longer worked. VERY FRUSTRATING!

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I appreciate what your saying but that's not entirely true. Samsung makes the TV and it's software platform. The app developers create the app version to run on that platform. If it stops working, only the app developers can make it work. (In cases of single app issues) Now if the platform breaks, all apps will have a problem. It's no different than 20 of us standing on a bridge. If one person trips down the stairs, the other 19 aren't at fault for the one falling, nor is it the bridge's fault for the person being clumsy. But if the bridge breaks, all 20 would fall. In the same token, let's say the bridge has a single bump or hole where that one seemingly clumsy guy keeps falling. It's that one person's job to let the bridge builders know that the hole or bump is there so the builders can go repair it. If Netflix doesn't realize it's failing then Netflix can't let Samsung know what to fix. Samsung can make one call to Netflix, but that one call is not enough voice to make a difference. That's like a bridge builder asking Mr. Clumsy - "Hey you alright? Need me to help fix something to prevent that?" The clumsy guy tends to be stubborn and tell the builders he's got it, he's good, no need to meddle. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes