JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 06-03-2016 05:49 AM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
useraypUNljwSr
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was able to solve my problem after more than a week of hair-pulling. My Samsung Smart TV would get stuck at 25%, no matter what I played. All other apps like Youtube, PLEX, Web Browser are working just fine. I tried almost all the solutions mentioned in this thread, multiple times:

• Country code reset
  • Unplug tv
  • Sign out of Netflix
  • "Exit Netflix" button next to the gear icon in Netflix app
  • Reinstall Netflix app
  • Reset Smart Hub
  • DNS 8.8.8.8
  • DNS 8.8.4.4
  • Netflix connection test (fluctuated from 0.0 to 4+ MB. So weird.)
  • Moved wifi router as close as possible to TV (4 feet away). Wired connection not an option for me. 
  • Unplug with TV on, press power on remote 20 seconds, plug back in
  • Did not update firmware, apparently I have the latest version.

What worked for me was unplugging my router and modem for about 1 minute. Turned off my tv as well. Plugged everything back in, waited a bit for my network to start up again, turned on my TV and Netflix is working!!! Yaaay!

user3mwkXBZDop
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Resetting the router did the trick. Thank you! For sharing. It might seems a netflix app problem but it isn't. 

0 Likes
Sorven
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've had the same issue with same hardware. I contacted CS on 5/21, and after extensive troubleshooting they said they were going to escalate and I'd get a call from exec CS with 24 hours. 3 days later (5/24) I got an e-mail saying that they were escalating to the technical team. It's now been another 6 days and still no call.

Between Netflix not working on the SEK-3500, and lack of Netflix HDR support on anything except 2016 TVs,  Samsung's promise of focusing on software is proving to be a hollow promise. 

0 Likes
MeatMotor
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue as well, all other apps on the samsung js9000 can play content, but netflix cannot.  I can play any of the netflix titles on my other devices without issue.  I spent 90 mins on the phone with Samsung which led to upgrading to 1453 firmware, but didnt solve the issue.  Spent 60 mins on the phone with netflix last night, they said the error is typical of poor internet connection, but i was hardwired with ethernet to the oneconnect box and getting 30mbps which is well above the 5mbps required by netflix to play HD content.  I have not upgraded to the UHD plan for netflix, but i am wondering at this point if the netflix app on the smart tvs is somehow looking for the higher bandwith (they said 25mbps is required for the 4k content) and where i am at 30mbps i could be dropping below 25mbps momentarily causing the "we're having problems with this title right now..." message.  netflix final recommendation was to contact my ISP and have them reset my connection from their end. 

0 Likes
Bomba
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same thing for me.  Netflix worked fine before I added the 3500 SEK Evo Kit.  Is Samsung even planning on addressing this issue?

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not a Moderator reply yet on this topic? 

So I am back to both problems.

Thanks Samsung for giving me a problem while trying to fix Netflix issue. Cloudfront.net blocking no longer works. So they can fix a security setting really fast. Guess we just keep waiting, waiting, waiting. 

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

MeatMotor it's not an ISP issue. 

Your connection and speeds are fine. My connection speed is 81mbps. I spent hours on the phone with a tech. Found that there is a Cache write and delete problem on the SEK-3500. THAT IS THE HE SAID SHE SAID issue that has been happening this whole time. 

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Still having the same issue here with Netflix. No moderators. All Samsung support wants to do is replace the SEK. I've had the same problem on two units already. It would be nice if Samsung would recognize the problem. Television updated to Firmware 1455 last night, Netflix still does not work. All other apps are fine. 

HU 8550 SEK 3500 

Firmware 1455

0 Likes
MeatMotor
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Netflix's help page says

"This error occurs when our systems have detected that you are connecting via a VPN, proxy, or “unblocker” service. Because our content library can vary by region and these types of connections are frequently used to bypass geolocation methods, you will not be able to stream when connected in this way. If you are connected to a VPN, proxy, or any other software that might route your Internet traffic outside of your current region, please disable it to continue enjoying Netflix."

I wonder if the remote connections from the Samsung tech support are viewed this way as they are connecting from a different region to my TV.

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I don't have any VPN software routing my equipment through another region that I am aware of. I have Time Warner Cable, a Belkin Router, Netgear Powerline adapter, SEK 3500 and HU8550 all purchased in the good old USA. No mods done. No Service menus accessed unless that was done my Remote Access from Samsung side. 

While trying to fix the SmartHub loop a Samsung Associate changed the region on my SmartHub from USA and back again but I have since replaced the SEK and have not performed the same action with the new equipment. 

I think it's crazy that Hulu Amazon Vudu YouTube all work with HD quality content but Netflix, what I would consider to be the # 1 provider or streaming content, doesn't work. 

0 Likes