JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 03-04-2017 06:35 AM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
userTWViZQgJTN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have to do this EVERY time I go to watch Netflix.

unokug the tv, plug back in immediately and it works. After I exit Netflix to watch regular tv etc. I'm unable to go back into Netflix until I unplug again. It freezes at the profile screen every time. 

Move uninstalled/reinstalled and done everything else I can think of. I've spent hours on the phone with Samsung. No solutions except to unplug EVERY day. Horribly annoying. Tv is only 4 month old.

0 Likes
userrySyic7Qn9
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you tried this?

Unplug Tv to get it working again.

Then when you want to leave Netflix always perform the following instructions. I have done this for over 5 weeks with no issues.

When in Netflix Go to and click on the cog wheel (view account info or sign out)

scroll down to 'Exit Netflix' (but you must exit out like this every time even to watch regular tv)

it hasn't frozen/gotten stuck since doing this

i have posted this a few times so sorry for the people who have already read it. The method above works for me and sharing it might help someone

0 Likes
userTWViZQgJTN
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately I have tried exiting that way but it hasn't helped...it still freezes in the profile screen when I try to re-enter. 

0 Likes
user0ZmsRpCSyS
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

EVERYONE:  This is CRAZY - Samsung should be working closely with Netflix to solve our problems... but since there are so many of us online here with the issue -  WE SHOULD ALL START GOING TO NETFLIX SUPPORT LINK AND ASKING THEM FOR A FIX. This could help - who knows.  Perhaps we can ask them for timeline updates and such to get this done. 

I did this yesterday and was told the engineers know of this issue and are working on it.  (Could be bull, who knows)

SAMSUNG COLE who posts here - has said that we should all contact Netflix to help get it fixed. This is clearly CRAZY because Samung is a HUGE corporation with massive resources and should be working daily with Netflix until it's fixed. It should NOT be dumped on US.  Completely insane!

He used an analogy saying that there's nothing wrong with Samsung - it's the developers fault.  Well my reply to that is that I've NEVER HAD PROBLEMS with other TV brands like this.   All the streaming devices I've ever used DID NOT FREEZE THIS WAY.   So most other TVs work fine and don't freeze - OTHER than Samsung.. and it's not Samsungs fault?? No sorry.  Samsung is the outlier. 

Additonally - I've had this issue using Amazon Prime too -- so both Netflix AND Amazon freeze.  And I've never had another streaming device BESIDES SAMSUNG do this...  yet Samsung Cole says "it's not Samsung, it's the apps". What a joke. 

Perhaps I should post some graphical ads that say "DON'T BUY SAMSUNG SMART TVS - THEY FREEZE - See more info on this forum"  etc.   We could all post them on our social media and get the word out to millions that SAMSUNG isn't responsible and tries to push their problems onto their customers who have patronized them!

0 Likes
user2Fx7oH1q6D
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Wow Samsung! With all these complaints you would think that this would shock you into action.

Samsung Cole, I understand what you are saying. However, I bought my TVs with the Netflix app already installed by you. I get auto updates installed by you. I don't understand how Samsung is passing the buck on this fix.

Is it that Samsung is updating their firmware and not informing Netflix?

If you are going to put apps on your TVs then you need to inform them of your updates. After all they gave you permission to install them.

Samsung Cole tell your people to get their act together or else no one will buy your TVs.

0 Likes
user2Fx7oH1q6D
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Wow Samsung! With all these complaints you would think that this would shock you into action.

Samsung Cole, I understand what you are saying. However, I bought my TVs with the Netflix app already installed by you. I get auto updates installed by you. I don't understand how Samsung is passing the buck on this fix.

Is it that Samsung is updating their firmware and not informing Netflix?

If you are going to put apps on your TVs then you need to inform them of your updates. After all they gave you permission to install them.

Samsung Cole tell your people to get their act together or else no one will buy your TVs.

0 Likes
LZCenter
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Really goofy.  So last night, I powered down both the TV and my Xfinity X1 cable box.  Powered back up and Netflix worked.  Looks like it is working this morning too.  We will see how long it lasts.

0 Likes
userQShdAawFHB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Unplugging the tv seems like a small task compared to the hours I wasted trying to figure out what the problem was in the first place. The tv... who knew?

usernabmPSC4VG
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

unplugging tv and waiting a few seconds then plugging back in was only thing that worked for me.

0 Likes
user4V8ZmhKJPn
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We've been having the same issue for 4 months completely unresolved. We've reset the smart hub, signed out of Netflix, uninstalled the app, reset the entire tv, and have tried the unplug for two minutes. We finally gave up and just unplug and plug back in cause its the quickest surefire method. Please share if someone found a permanent fix! We are using a KU6300 55" Smart TV 

0 Likes