JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 06-03-2016 07:22 AM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

All apps go through Samsung first. So this explains the VPN. Changing your region didn't work before, didn't work for many others. 

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just so Samsung knows. There is still NO SOLUTION! Please don't send me emails asking me to mark one of these replies as a solution when NO MODERATOR offered assistance and the PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS! Multiple online chats and phone calls and THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS. Multiple users experiencing the same problem with the same equipment and Samsung doesn't even own up to a problem. 

You know what, I will post the solution when I find it because someone has to help your customers because we all know Samsung is doing nothing about this issue. POOR SERVICE and POOR COMMUNICATION. I'm telling friends to steer clear and BUY SONY!

0 Likes
Chanfle
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Wanted to add my name to this, brand new hdr 4k tv getting this only on Netflix.
0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Gee I wonder why my Netflix works on every other device in my house except for my $2000 Samsung Smart TV? It must be my internet! I guess speeds of 50.10 Mbps (as recorded by the Netflix app Check Your Network functionally) isn't fast enough.  

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I asked basically that to Samsung. I have the 2 Samsung Smart Blu-Ray Players a Chromecast. Cell phone Computer. All work fine. But I'm still waiting. Can't understand why, when they found that blocking cloudfront.net would fix the update loop they stopped that.

0 Likes
SamsungSamantha
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Galaxy7 – Have you tried changing your DNS to 8.8.8.8? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
MeatMotor
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes Amanda, DNS is set to 8.8.8.8, I am hardwired Ethernet to the one connect box, running latest Samsung firmware (1453) and Netflix version 2.14.23.  All other apps work on the Samsung TV and Netflix works on all other devices in house (iPad, iPhone, PS3, and PC), but I still can't play any titles through the Samsung Netflix app.

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I don't understand why they won't admit it's their problem. 

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Any updates on a fix for this issue?

0 Likes