cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0ZmsRpCSyS
Cosmic Ray

Re: Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

EVERYONE:  This is CRAZY - Samsung should be working closely with Netflix to solve our problems... but since there are so many of us online here with the issue -  WE SHOULD ALL START GOING TO NETFLIX SUPPORT LINK AND ASKING THEM FOR A FIX. This could help - who knows.  Perhaps we can ask them for timeline updates and such to get this done. 

I did this yesterday and was told the engineers know of this issue and are working on it.  (Could be bull, who knows)

SAMSUNG COLE who posts here - has said that we should all contact Netflix to help get it fixed. This is clearly CRAZY because Samung is a HUGE corporation with massive resources and should be working daily with Netflix until it's fixed. It should NOT be dumped on US.  Completely insane!

He used an analogy saying that there's nothing wrong with Samsung - it's the developers fault.  Well my reply to that is that I've NEVER HAD PROBLEMS with other TV brands like this.   All the streaming devices I've ever used DID NOT FREEZE THIS WAY.   So most other TVs work fine and don't freeze - OTHER than Samsung.. and it's not Samsungs fault?? No sorry.  Samsung is the outlier. 

Additonally - I've had this issue using Amazon Prime too -- so both Netflix AND Amazon freeze.  And I've never had another streaming device BESIDES SAMSUNG do this...  yet Samsung Cole says "it's not Samsung, it's the apps". What a joke. 

Perhaps I should post some graphical ads that say "DON'T BUY SAMSUNG SMART TVS - THEY FREEZE - See more info on this forum"  etc.   We could all post them on our social media and get the word out to millions that SAMSUNG isn't responsible and tries to push their problems onto their customers who have patronized them!

user2Fx7oH1q6D
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow Samsung! With all these complaints you would think that this would shock you into action.

Samsung Cole, I understand what you are saying. However, I bought my TVs with the Netflix app already installed by you. I get auto updates installed by you. I don't understand how Samsung is passing the buck on this fix.

Is it that Samsung is updating their firmware and not informing Netflix?

If you are going to put apps on your TVs then you need to inform them of your updates. After all they gave you permission to install them.

Samsung Cole tell your people to get their act together or else no one will buy your TVs.

user2Fx7oH1q6D
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow Samsung! With all these complaints you would think that this would shock you into action.

Samsung Cole, I understand what you are saying. However, I bought my TVs with the Netflix app already installed by you. I get auto updates installed by you. I don't understand how Samsung is passing the buck on this fix.

Is it that Samsung is updating their firmware and not informing Netflix?

If you are going to put apps on your TVs then you need to inform them of your updates. After all they gave you permission to install them.

Samsung Cole tell your people to get their act together or else no one will buy your TVs.

LZCenter
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really goofy.  So last night, I powered down both the TV and my Xfinity X1 cable box.  Powered back up and Netflix worked.  Looks like it is working this morning too.  We will see how long it lasts.

userQShdAawFHB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Unplugging the tv seems like a small task compared to the hours I wasted trying to figure out what the problem was in the first place. The tv... who knew?

usernabmPSC4VG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

unplugging tv and waiting a few seconds then plugging back in was only thing that worked for me.

user4V8ZmhKJPn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've been having the same issue for 4 months completely unresolved. We've reset the smart hub, signed out of Netflix, uninstalled the app, reset the entire tv, and have tried the unplug for two minutes. We finally gave up and just unplug and plug back in cause its the quickest surefire method. Please share if someone found a permanent fix! We are using a KU6300 55" Smart TV 

Highlighted
usercfOOaDOL57
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sure what causes this is different for most people.

What I have noticed for me is that it only happens when I switch to the HDMI output for the PS4 console.  When I turn off the console and switch to another HDMI output source to which I have video settings optimized for Netflix, the problem then starts occuring.  

If I don't use the console, and don't switch around HDMI outputs the problem does not happen.  It was just an interesting observation I wanted to share with everyone. 

Again unplugging and plugging back in is so far the only "sure-fire solution" (quotes because it is most certainly not an acceptable solution but at least it works for now).

user35MfnH43BR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another possible workaround: go to settings under Smart Hub (gear icon) then go to system diagnositcs section.  Do not reset Smart Hub.  Instead, select 'check Smart Hub Connection' - this might reset the Netflix app for you...it may not: YMMV.

userK1EAXXWh9N
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This really is getting a problem now. I had to reboot the TV 4 times yesterday, each time because Netflix was hanging on the "Who's watching Netflix" profile screen. No buttons, other than Home, was having any affect.

Beginning to wish I hadn't bought this TV.

(Samsung 49KS8000)