JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 03-20-2017 03:01 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
usercfOOaDOL57
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am sure what causes this is different for most people.

What I have noticed for me is that it only happens when I switch to the HDMI output for the PS4 console.  When I turn off the console and switch to another HDMI output source to which I have video settings optimized for Netflix, the problem then starts occuring.  

If I don't use the console, and don't switch around HDMI outputs the problem does not happen.  It was just an interesting observation I wanted to share with everyone. 

Again unplugging and plugging back in is so far the only "sure-fire solution" (quotes because it is most certainly not an acceptable solution but at least it works for now).

0 Likes
user35MfnH43BR
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Another possible workaround: go to settings under Smart Hub (gear icon) then go to system diagnositcs section.  Do not reset Smart Hub.  Instead, select 'check Smart Hub Connection' - this might reset the Netflix app for you...it may not: YMMV.

0 Likes
userK1EAXXWh9N
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This really is getting a problem now. I had to reboot the TV 4 times yesterday, each time because Netflix was hanging on the "Who's watching Netflix" profile screen. No buttons, other than Home, was having any affect.

Beginning to wish I hadn't bought this TV.

(Samsung 49KS8000)

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi everyone, not sure if this will help or not, but I thought my Netflix had frozen on me yesterday too, but I was able to use the pointer remote on my Samsung TV to access additional options including Exit Netflix. I was able to exit and went back in and it seemed to be working again.  Hope this helps at least someone on the thread. UN65HU8550. 

0 Likes
user0ZmsRpCSyS
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi -  what is the "pointer remote" and how did you use it? Would love to know. Thanks! 

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
My TV has a smaller Bluetooth remote that generates a pointer on the screen to click on options presented in screen. It's a small black remote that came with my SEK. I also had the old egg shaped remote that came with the TV that worked similarly.
0 Likes
mensaaround
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Turn the tv off and the app will reset. pain in the butt but it works

0 Likes
user8iiIW6HMsP
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes Samsung is one high end tv. Terry

0 Likes
user8iiIW6HMsP
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I think we all wish we hadn't bought a Samsung tv.

0 Likes
zoshia
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Agreed, i've already vowed to never buy samsugn agian and have told others to do so as well. There are plenty of other companies to choose from. 

Half the time my remote wont even change the channels or the home button doesnt work and this is with an Antenna, not going thorugh a cable box!!!

0 Likes