JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 06-09-2016 02:18 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
user6B1T1oN7Z7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I personally think it's Netflix that's blocking the playback on the Samsung TV's. If you reference my reply to another post on this thread you'll see the problem I've had, and I narrowed it down to the Netflix app itself. Netflix is throttling their speeds which reduces the playback speed to a fraction of what the speed is coming into your house which depending on your incoming speed could result in the playback error.
0 Likes
user6B1T1oN7Z7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I'm having a problem with Netflix as well but not quite the same as everyone else here. I'm also using a Samsung Smart TV, however, I've determined through tests on two other TV in two different states that the problem is actually the Netflix app. I have internet speeds of about 100 mbps. TV is ethernet wired. But Netflix app only runs at about 16 mbps. 25 mbps per second is required to play 4K HDR titles. So for some reason Netflix is throttling or capping their network stream at that speed, not allowing me to play those titles even though I pay for the HD service. I'm also using their check your network option under their settings in the app to check the speed. When I talked to Netflix they claimed their app doesn't have that option, although I'm looking at it right now. Just testing my network speed on my browser in the TV and it was close to that 100 mbps, but Netflix app only shows 16 mbps. Anyone else having this issue? Netflix is refusing to even acknowledge this option in their own app. RIDICULOUS!
0 Likes
user8iiIW6HMsP
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am unable to get Netflix to work on my brand new Samsung TV.  I hope someone can wail every it soon or I'll return it and get a different brand of smart tv. 

Thanks to everyone for all their research and hassles. Doesn't appear that Samsung is interested in resolving this problem.

userC0s51gYUuk
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue. I just bought a brand new 70" 6 series smart tv; everything works great EXCEPT for netflix. The app won't even open, and doesn't even respond when I click on it, or click the "netflix" button on the remote. I really don't want to go through the hassle of returning it, but it doesn't seem like this is going to be resolved anytime soon??!! 

SS55
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Had the same problem with both my JS9000 & my Sony BD Player but found to my amazement that Netflix works fine when using my Apple TV.

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Two weeks. Still no updates. No fix. Issue still persists. Is this a known issue yet Samsung? Are we working on a fix?

0 Likes
MeatMotor
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I called Samsung again last night and told the first person that I had already called them twice and I would like to be transferred to advanced tech support.  Surprisingly they transferred me right away and the advanced tech was more helpful...he acknowledged that Samsung and Netflix are both aware of this issue and engineering is working to release and update to the Netflix app (or Samsung firmware) that he expects in the next 1-2 weeks.  He said they are seeing the issue on the JS9000, 9500, and 7000 series Samsung Smart TVs and that they are tracking the issue (he took down my serial number, unique ID, and netflix ESN).  All of you who are seeing this issue and reading this should call Samsung, ask to speak with advanced tech support and report the issue...the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  

I forgot to mention that before calling them I called Neflix again and their entry level customer service rep gave me no indication that they were aware of an issue with the software.  I will probably call them back tonight and try to get someone to acknowledge the problem on their end as well.

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Someone on AVSForum is reporting that it's fixed. They said logout, reinstall Netflix and it should work. I haven't been able to test this yet. 

galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Confirmed. Netflix has been playing for 15 minutes with no error. Thanks for the heads up. 

0 Likes
newpower1999
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes it finally works! 🙂 now how do I get it to recognize HDR content? 

0 Likes