JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 04-10-2017 06:15 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
user74hRTepdsw
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So I have a Samsung tv which just puts up a black screen when I click on netflix, the only way to get tv again is to switch off and on again.

Contacted Samsung by text and they tried to gain remote access but the system would not let us connect to server for a pin.

The Samsung person kept asking me to try but eventually I had to give up as had family commitments and couldn't spend anymore time trying the same solutions over and over again.

Is this common as I've also uninstalled and reinstalled by changing regions and to one which doesn't have netflix and back to Ireland which meant it reinstalled but to no avail

0 Likes
userpPSi2BWthP
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Omg thank You for your help this has been happening to us and I was on the phone with my cable company not realizing it was a Samsung issue!!! I have 1 other Samsung tv and have never had this problem and it’s at least 4 years old and this one is not even a year that we’ve had it and nothing but issues!!!! Never buying Samsung again!!!!

0 Likes
useroHEHiGUaQE
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

from this post: http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/netflix-app-not-loading-on-samsung-smart-tv-613344/

1. Hit the smart hub button, so that all the apps pop on the screen (there are different ways of doing it - choose the way you normally do it, and make sure all the apps are on the screen)
2. move the cursor up so that you are highlighting the netflix app. DO NOT PRESS ENTER. JUST MAKE SURE NETFLIX IS HIGHLIGHTED. REPEAT. DO NOT TRY TO OPEN NETFLIX. JUST MAKE SURE THAT NETFLIX IS HIGHLIGHTED. THAT IS CRUCIAL.
3. hit TOOLS
4. scroll down to reinstall and select reinstall. it will say "installing" on top right hand side once done, NETFLIX SHOULD WORK!!!!

If not, DO try calling Samsung and ask for someone who can remotely go into your TV - they WANT it to work for you and will talk you through how to do it.

0 Likes
usereBeoJG18BW
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I cannot even uninstall Netflix, it is greyed out. Cannot sign out as TV just goes black. Any other suggestions?  Vudu, Amazon, Hulu all still working perfectly fine. 

0 Likes
gugarci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Wife & I just finished watching the last 2 episodes of Better Call Saul season 2. For testing purposes we started watching on the Samsung Netflix app. The Samsung Netflix connected right away but was not able to play any portion of the show in HD quality. It also stops twice to buffer the video within the first 10 minutes of the show.

Exited the Samsung Netflix app & turned on my Sony Blue Ray player use the app on the Sony Blue Ray player. We were able to finish watching the last 2 episodes of Better Call Saul in HD quality & had no buffering issues!!!!!

The Netflix performance problem is clearly a Samsung/Netflix issue. And since we all bought a Samsung TV, Samsung needs to address this issue & fix it. Although I’m starting to think this is a poor Samsung Wi-Fi issue more than just a Netflix issue. But since I don’t use any other app for streaming I could be wrong. Thinking of hard wiring my TV to my router to test this theory. But regardless Samsung will never see another dime from this consumer unless they fix this issue.  

0 Likes
userjQnWx46bh6
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Awesome....! It worked.

Thanks. 🙂

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We're glad that you're up and running.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user3TXrynmOWO
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung UN60F7100 tv and the Netflix app goes straight to black screen when launched. I have to go to the source menu or turn the tv off and back on to clear it. I've talked with Samsung Support and Netflix Support for over four hours this week and no one can seem to fix the issue. I've been told to uninstall and reinstall the app but since it was installed at the factory it won't let me uninstall it. Any suggestions ANYONE!

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You can try a country code reset: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/How-to-Complete-a-Country-Code-Reset/m-p/74007#U74007

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userBjBnYg9ODY
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a 7 series Samsung tv and Netflix used to work no problem. Now just the black screen with Netflix sign and loading and nothing else. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still the same 

0 Likes