JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am sorry to hear this. Can we have the model number of your TV biojohn?  Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

UE-32J4505XXE model, Sweden. Get a message that says "The app is currently not supported" when trying to install it:( 

Netflix wouldn't work in the browser even. After I sign in, the page seems to be updating endlessly, some kind of a loop (https:// protocol might be causing that as I got from one of the error messages). I am very upset! Watching my favorite series on my laptop tonight AGAIN...

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey there 12121, I would recommend reaching out to a support team in your area. Sadly myself and the other moderators are based for US support and do not have access to information needed for units outside of the US. You are welcome to seek contact information using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user0ZmsRpCSyS
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung Drew - 

I am losing my mind with my new Samsung Smart TV..  the problem I have is that various Smart Hub apps like Netflix and Amazon prime simply stop responding.  The fix is a full TV reset which forces me to re-input all my logins/passwords for all my apps (a major pain) and I have to do this hard reset about once per month. So annoying.

also:

The CH (Channel) button on my Samsung remote normally displays my cable Guide.. but some days it simply won't do it. Then a day or two or three later, it works fine. 

also:

Sometimes my Samsung remote simply won't work for things like back << and forward >> and Exit, etc.  The power button always works but other buttons sometimes don't. Then..a day or two later, they work again. 

I've never had a TV with so many instability problems. What's going on and how can it be fixed? Please help.    There are so many people complaining of these issues, surely it's something your engineers have known about. Will there be a fix? 

thank you!

TimD

0 Likes
userYvCq3gH9c8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I heard a reasonable explanation from Samsung rep at local Best Buy.  The common denominator seems to be the Infinity X1 combo modem and wifi router.  She suggested getting a stand-alone router or hard wiring TV to modem.  My X1 has been doing fine lately without changes, tho, and dunno why.

0 Likes
Honus
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userYvCq3gH9c8 wrote:

I heard a reasonable explanation from Samsung rep at local Best Buy.  The common denominator seems to be the Infinity X1 combo modem and wifi router.  She suggested getting a stand-alone router or hard wiring TV to modem.  My X1 has been doing fine lately without changes, tho, and dunno why.

I don't see why that would cause a problem but I have eero wifi and a personally owned Arris cable modem so that isn't it in my case.

0 Likes
LZCenter
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

In my case, I do have X1 and it started working again when I turned off both the box(not the router) and the tv. Not sure why it would only affect Netflix. 

0 Likes
userxUKQNkITmR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Add me to the list of people having with this.  Have had a KU6270 for 5 days and it crashes everyday coming out of Netflix.  We have been rebooting the TV to solve the problem.  There is no other option as the cursor is locked and can't do anything else to the set.  I think we are going to return the set and get Vizio or LG.

0 Likes
userI46qrK03fD
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a KS 8000 - I got it to work after rebooting the Smart Hub.  Annoyed that I had to reset all the logins on my apps - but, seems to be working again

0 Likes
userP9anxlMDva
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I also have the KS8000 - installed it  a few days ago. Netflix app worked perfectly fine the first two days then suddenly the remote functions stopped working. I'm unable to pause, rewind, fast forward, or go back to episodic page to change episodes. When I try to access through the profile page, it's just frozen. I'm unable to select my account or access anything. I've tried everything: restarting the app, going into another app then back into Netflix, going back to cable tv, turning the tv off and on again. I even had a local IT guy take a look. He restarted the hub, reset everything, and confirmed all firmware is up to date. Netflix app was still not functioning properly. All other apps are fine and appear unaffected by this issue. 

When this happened yesterday, I tried troubleshooting for a good two hours with no success. I stepped away in frustration. About an hour later the app magically worked again and I regained full remote capabilities, only to lose them again in the middle of watching (remote worked one minute, stopped the next).

SAMSUNG, due to the number of complaints on these threads it is evident that this is not an isolated incident. We have all spent a ton of money on your product and expect it to work right out of the box. Mine is less than five days old and I'm already frustrated beyond words. If this is not resolved within the week I will be returning for another brand.