JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
mikopet
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Wrote a very detailed description of what I tried but the messageboard ate it. So here's the short version of how I fixed my Netflix/Samsung problem.

1. Sign out of the Netflix app on your Samsung SmartTV

2. Sign in to the Netflix app

That's it.

My Samsung SmartTV (model un46f7100af ) does not seem to have an option to uninstall or delete the Netflix app. So (after resetting the SmartHub at least three times) I tried signing out of the Netflix app instead, and it worked.

Removing/reinstalling the Netflix app would of course sign you out and make you sign in again, but removing/reinstalling might be overkill.

The problem I had: the Netflix app would crash and freeze right after I started it (without ever reaching the main Netflix menu). Sometimes I could get to the menu, but the Netflix app would crash and freeze after streaming video for a couple of minutes. It never made it more than five minutes max without crashing. When the Netflix app crashed, my TV would not respond to the remote. I couldn't even turn it off with the remote.

I experienced no problems with any other SamsungTV app such as Amazon Video or Youtube.

So before trying all the resetting/unplugging/sobbing, try signing out of the Netflix app and signing back into it. Might do the trick. It did for me.

Note: just exiting the Netflix app doesn't work. You have to sign out of it, then sign back in with your email/password. How to sign out isn't straightforward. If you can't figure out how, maybe Netflix support can tell you. No one at Netflix suggested trying it, though, so good luck.

If signing out/signing in doesn't work, try unplugging everything for two minutes between the sign out and sign in.

A moment of silence for the Samsung and Netflix phone support people who do not get the proper backup from their respective companies.

useroReG0mGk0G
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you sign out? I see no option...!

0 Likes
user6dIeKops7N
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If you are lucky enough to get a error screen instead of black nothing you can click "details" . there is a selection there for signing out.

0 Likes
userpauTrq7oGK
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

to sign out of Netflix hold the on/off button of the TV remote for more than 5 seconds.

0 Likes
userDW2DU8nVSh
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I unplugged for two minutes and it worked. Thanks!!!

userOY7YawvZc2
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I unplugged but now TV won't connect to wifi. This TV gets worse and worse by the minute

usertJ2eV19EnB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue here, in particular i've a very expensive 75KS8000 'smart' tv and my very large 100MB internet connection degrades to few MB (1 to 5 MB!!!) using Netflix on that TV, so that all is unresponsive and pixellated ...

On my iPhone, iPad, Mac Book Pro, instead in the same network all works fine.

I've unplugged the TV but i've solved ONLY the blocking of the Netflix App (that often become unresponsive) but the internet degradation connection is not solved.

I've also restore HUB, TV, update to last firmware available, contact Samsung support, contact Netflix support, nothing works !!!

It's really unacceptable for a so expensive 'smart' tv !!!

0 Likes
dmuehlbacher83
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem here, both with a brand new KU7000 65" and KU7000 43". Regularly the Netflix App freezes and can't be controlled with the remote. Disconnecting the tv from energy helps, but that's pretty annoying, especially when the tv is mounted to the wall.

It seems the problem occured after the automatic Smart Hub Update to v1154.

I already contacted the german Samsung support on this two weeks ago - no answer. That's unacceptable, Samsung has to work together with Netflix to find a solution.

0 Likes
usertJ2eV19EnB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What about your speed diagnosticated by Netflix App in Samsung ?

To me few MBs (while, as said, have a 100MB network connection).

0 Likes
dmuehlbacher83
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,

i just tested the speed in the netflix app - it show's about 11mbit/s, although i have a 100mbit fibre connection too. The WLAN router is about 50cm away from the tv.

I think that's another thing Samsung should care about!

Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes