JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
usertJ2eV19EnB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes, i'm sure this point has to be investigated.

Netflix in UHD is really a pity with this poor speed.

On this friday i've a tech appointment with Samsung support that will diagnostic from remote my TV.

Hoping to give some good news to share with you ...

In the meantime i think Netflix and Samsun support should be pointed at this thread ...

0 Likes
dmuehlbacher83
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yeah, hopefully these two things get fixed soon. It seems that's a widespread problem thousands or ten thousands of Samsung Smart-TV customers have. And Netflix is certainly one of the most used apps / features of these TV sets.

Samsung: What's the offical statement on this?

0 Likes
fjfroelicher
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
General Info
Chat start time Jun 18, 2016 11:40:39 AM EST
Chat end time Jun 18, 2016 12:02:35 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:21:55
Operator Rohitha D

Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Rohitha D'. The reference number for this chat is 4316491194. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
Rohitha 😧 Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?
Visitor: netflix app not working js9000
Rohitha 😧 Let me see how I can assist you to identify issue with the Netflix app.
Rohitha 😧 Are you able to access other apps?
Visitor: yes
Rohitha 😧 Do you see any error message while accessing Netflix app?
Visitor: just tries to load then goes back to live tv screen
Rohitha 😧 Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Rohitha 😧 What is the current firmware version on the TV? You can find through Menu>Support>Contact Samsung>Software version on the TV.
Visitor: just a sec
Rohitha 😧 Sure, go ahead.
Visitor: T-hkpakuc-14550, bt-g/s
Visitor: 14550.0
Rohitha 😧 Thank you for Software version.
Rohitha 😧 I see the TV has latest Software version.
Rohitha 😧 Let us perform Smart Hub reset to identify the issue.
Rohitha 😧 Is that alright?
Visitor: sure, did try that already thou
Rohitha 😧 Just to confirm, have you performed reset through Menu>>Smart Hub>>Reset?
Visitor: yes... actual wording is reset smart hub
Rohitha 😧 Well, Unplug and Re-plug the TV from Power outlet after 2 minutes and check if you can access Netflix app.
Visitor: now, while you wait or no?
Rohitha 😧 Sure, I will wait for your response.
Visitor: it is unplugged
Rohitha 😧 I will be right with you.
Rohitha 😧 I appreciate your patience and efforts.
Visitor: plugged back in and working, thanks, didn't thing to unplug
Visitor: didn't think
Rohitha 😧 You're welcome.
Rohitha 😧 Glad it worked!!
Rohitha 😧 Good to hear that.
Rohitha 😧 Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Visitor: no thanks
Rohitha 😧 Your satisfaction is a great compliment for us. Please take a survey by clicking on the “blue X” button to help us serve you better.
0 Likes
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for posting the chat transcript.  Unfortunately unplugging-replugging only solves the problem for a few days, then I have to unplug-replug again.  The problem goes on and on.  I just don't feel this is an acceptable solution.

Please just fix the software!

0 Likes
dmuehlbacher83
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you, but unfortunately that's no solution.

Yesterday i opened the netflix app 5 or 6 times on two different tv sets (both ku7000) and *every time* the app got stuck at the profile selection (remote not responding). After unplugging the tv it worked until the next start of the app.

@Juanisimo: Do you still read this topic? 

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey guys so it seems there is a lot of going on here so I'm going to break it down a little bit, that being said I am sorry for such a long post:

Issue with Netflix freezing/not working: 

Basic steps to complete for troubleshooting are > 

1-Unplug TV for a few minutes

2-Make sure software is up-to date

3-Verify this is the only app this happens with

4-Reset Smart hub

5-Check for App update 

6-Try a country code reset

7-Try a Factory Reset of the TV

If all of the above has been done there are two paths. First, if Netflix is the only app this is happening to then yes call Netflix and go through their troubleshooting. If you have already done this or it happens with multiple apps, then service would be the next option. 

Issue with Network Connection:

This is a separate issue from the original post and needs to be addressed in it's own thread. 

Issue playing HDR from Netflix:

Also a separate issue and needs to be address in it's own thread.

I have gone back through so some of my information may be repeated or "old" info from early in the thread. I am listing links below for anyone who needs them. 

Need service repairs? Send me your info here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Country Code reset for newer models: http://bit.ly/2iNKiJp  (First select a country without US apps like Afghanistan or Andorra and let that country's apps load in, then select US)

To check for a specific applications update, navigate to the "My Apps" screen and highlight the specific app. Press and hold the Ok(Enter) button, if an update is available a pop-up with Update now will appear.

No link but here is an article for older models to complete a country code reset. Same thing as above; First select a country without US apps like Afghanistan or Andorra and let that country's apps load in, then select US:

[UN55HU8550FXZA] How To Set Your Country Code In Smart Hub

Important: Changing the country code will reset the TV back to the factory defaults.

• Your IP address determines the content you will be able to view and access not the country code the TV is set to.
  • Setting the country code in the TV to a country that you are not physically in will let you download apps for that country but you will not be able to view and access that content.
  • Your TV must already be connected to the internet to set your country code.

If you would like to change the country code follow the steps below:

1. Set the TV to the "TV" source, press the source button and use the navigation pad select TV and then click to select.

1. Open the Main Menu.

1. Use the navigation pad to select System.

Note: If setup is grayed out you are not on the TV source, return to Step 1.

1. Select Setup.

1. You will begin the on-screen setup that you completed when you first bought the television. Your previously entered information will be retained.

1. Continue through the on-screen setup until you arrive at the Smart Hub Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy page in the on-screen setup.

Mute

Return

Vol +

CH ?

Mute

Important: If the customer has a Standard Remote, use the button combination below

1. With the Smart Hub Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy page up on the TV press the following buttons on the Smart Remote in sequential order.

FF

RW

1. The country list will appear. Select your country from the list and then press ENTER to continue.
  1. Complete the on-screen setup. You TV's country code has now been changed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
dmuehlbacher83
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for the reply. I made a Smart Hub reset on my two KU7000 tv-sets two days ago. At first it seemed to work - i could not reproduce the error (Netflix freezing) again. But then yesterday the same error occured again on both tv-sets - so it seems it's just a temporary solution.

@Samsung_Stephanie: Did Samsung technicians try to reproduce the error?

0 Likes
userSKcx2ZanBR
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The only thing that works for me is signing out of my Netflix account each time I exit. 

It hasn't frozen since doing that. Not the best option but better than unplugging it every time.

0 Likes
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

As a few others have reported, I believe that fully exiting Netflix before switching to another app or cable TV, may prevent Netflix from getting all hosed up.  When I'm done watching Netflix, I hit "return/exit" on the Samsung remote control until a Netfllix menu appears that contains "exit netflix" option.  I check that option and then wait for Smarthub apps bar to leave the screen.

This worked for the last week until I went into apps to check if I had the latest updates, esp. for the Netflix app.  I did, but the process of returning to normal TV watching upset Netflix app and it would not load until I did the unplug-replug thing.  A power interruption may also require the unplug-replug bit.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Could you provide the model of your television as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes