JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
usernkz8QcqKIy
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Power off, unplug tv from outlet and ethernet and this is key -  Press and hold the ON/OFF button on the back of the TV for 5 seconds. (This discharges the power from all internal circuits).  Works to reset Netflix and operate correctly

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We're glad that you found a resolution! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

- Press and hold the ON/OFF button on the back of the TV for 5 seconds. 

Hi.

It's an old thread but I dont understand, there is a button on the back of the tv?

0 Likes
useruDD30Raaqa
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I changed my router password and then had to update Samsung wifi setting on SUHD-TV. Next I noticed that Netflix screen was black when I clicked on app. Tried everything to no avail. Then I noticed in back of manual that Samsung addresses Netflix problems:  change the DNS to 8.8.8.8. Select MENU>network >network status>IP settings> DNS setting> enter manually> DNS server> enter 8.8.8.8> Ok.     BTW, this didn't work for me. 

Next: Verify that the ESN for Netflix is valid.  MENU> support> contact Samsung. (I didn't have to)

Reset Netflix by selecting MENU> smart hub> reset smart hub.   They asked for pin. I used 0 0 0 0  and it reset.  

Hope this helps. I think the hub reset did it. 

0 Likes
userf4yivQCHvB
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not working on my tv either and it is 2018. Any solutions?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is it only Netflix? Have you tried changing the DNS?

0 Likes
JandyMo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

On November 24th I bought the following at a Best Buy Store:

Samsung - 24" Class (23.5" Diag.) - LED - 720p - Smart - HDTV

Model: UN24M4500AFXZASKU: 5871001

I was constantly having issues with my netflix account and internet connecting to the tv and thought it was soly internet issue. I had AT&T come out, replace the router and fix my account because there was an issue on their side, but I continued to have issues with netflix working. Sometimes it wouldn't load netflix at all, sometimes it would not load a program, sometimes it would tell me a program was unavailable. I was able to use netflix and load any of the programs having issues on my samsung phone, tablet, or laptop, so this is definitely an issue with the tv. The only way to fix it was to unplug the tv completely from the power source and plug it back in. I did not buy a nice smart tv for it to have issues like this less than a year into owning it. What are my options? I might have bought an extended warranty, but I am uncertain if Best Buy can actually recreate this issue on site, since it sometimes works just fine. It looks like this is a known issue for a while from Samsung, so what are they doing to fix it?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you tried a Smart Hub reset?

0 Likes
userfKmkLXNC8R
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem. 

0 Likes
userpcAGb9Qoje
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have an older Smart TV and after 30 minutes of trying this and that cannot get Netflix to work. I can't even figure out how to uninstall it so I can re-install it. (all the online guides show a Smart Hub that looks different from mine). The TV is connected as the other apps work. It is updated to the latest firmware (this is automatic and the Settings confirm it).

It was working before. I will be buying a new TV after Thanksgiving (and giving this one to my kid) and I don't think I will buy another Samsung.

Edit:

I did a RESET of the Smart Hub (PIN=0000) which initiated a software update, which fixed the issue.

So why did the Settings in the TV's Main Menu tell me no more updates were available? Why was there no notice to me in any place that there might be a pending update or to try resetting the Smart Hub within Smart Hub's own settings?

0 Likes