JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
userx9293x9WJv
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The Netflix app is not there... not even appears with me searching it. I have it in my Blu Ray though, but I'm having problems with it connecting to the Internet... Such an inconvenient way to screw my Labor Day weekend. I'm so very much frustrated with this!!! Not a happy camper at all :o(((((((
0 Likes
userLPWe3WDVvO
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Many thanks. I had exactly the same issue and this worked for me. Paul

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Glad you were able to find a resolution!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usermHXU7Rlz9Q
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I get this problem all the time and I have the solution directly from Samsung. The reason they say this happens is that Netflix collects cookies in the TV and they told me how to clear the cookies. Unplug the TV wait 2 minutes exactly. While holding the power button on the remote plug the TV back on wait a minute for everything to boot up and connect to the internet and Netflix won't work I have to do this at least once a month and it works every time.

userFROEJZKn6B
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Was reading this thread thinking, hope this doesnt happen to my 32inch samsung....well it did approx 5 days ago...netflix started doing the 24-25% thing, then unable to play the movie....Im positive this occured post a firmware update of the TV....anyway, its not isolated to netflix, its the wireless software on the Samsung that is broken...It will connect after restarting the TV, but then slow down, and eventually disconnect from WAP, and you can only re-establish a wireless connection if you restart TV.

There is zero wrong with my wireless - I have 2 WAPS and 1 Wireless router....The Samsung TV has the same problem with all of them....all WAPS and router are approx 10 meters from TV - wireless reception is perfect.

To prove its the samsung, I did this,..

Took laptop next to TV, connected laptop to wireless, started netflix on laptop, connected laptop to TV via HDMI - Netflix happily works, no issues (Tested all 3 wireless devices)

Also tested my phone from next to the TV...it also can connect without issue.

Tried connecting my phone to WAP, then tethering my phone to the TV....again, exactly the same behaviour...works for ~3minutes, then disconnectes.

Ive tried every combination of turn off/turn on(WAP/router/TV, tried resetting smarthub...you name it(Whats been suggested in this thread), Ive tried......This is a Samsung TV software issue(Wireless)...It has only occurred recently, so has to be due to the latest firmaware update...Samsung, take ownership of the issue, develop a fix, release a patched firmware asap.

Thanks

usercyMENpxkG9
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

YES! After trying other fixes, this one worked. Thanks very much. Others still experiencing trouble should try this. 

If if only there were a way in the options on the smart tv to delete the cookies. 

usercV1kzSb44u
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The power off via unplug for 2 minutes, power on while pressing on button for 30+ seconds cleared the problem with Netflix for me.

my network and Netflix reloads all worked or tested successfully but streaming would fail. 

Hopefully Samsung and Netflix will learn to play nice, I suspect Samsung is not following standards, but without source hard to tell. I could do a network capture, and see the request response, but I just want to binge watch imposters. 

userScyBV98bZJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Me too!

0 Likes
userScyBV98bZJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
How do you remove app? and how do you reinstall
0 Likes