JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
Lara Croft
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It was simple for us...we unplugged the power cord on the tv, and powered down the router at the same time for 30 secs. (Not only turned off the power, but unplugged it from dsl wall unit as well.) Mind you, 2 days prior I had a service call with my internet provider and had to reset my router. Unsure if this has anything to do with why the Netflix app wasn’t loading. The other apps in the smart hub were working just fine, so it was odd. 

Anyway. Power both the tv and router for about 30 secs and voila! Netflix was working! 

0 Likes
Wadetyler
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've been dealing with this same issue for months on both my samsung smart tv's and I have reset the smart hub and reinstalled the app on both tv's to no evail. it will work for a short time but then the problem comes back. just today I've had to stop and wait a few minutes at least three times to get the show to start working again. it doesnt make sense to me that it would just stop after a few minutes and hang at 25%. I have called samsung tech support who told me they were unaware of any netflix app problems with their smart tv's and just had me reset the smart hub. I have a deacent router too (linksys wrt3200acm) that i have gone over with their tech support to make sure the problem wasn't my settings, so i know the problem isnt that.

0 Likes
userAlas7uQJ7A
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My netflix is down and tells me to reinstall. I keep getting an error message that the server is down whenever I try to go to the the Smart app. Whenever I try to log out it gives me the same error message the server is down.

0 Likes
userrqNRnYg4gH
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do I reinstall Netflix on my Samsung tv

0 Likes
userS2mjcviqLK
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

same problem with samsung UN46ES6500  ... just quit acessing netflix.   downstairs tv = panasonic gets netflix just fine.    netflix..  not much help.    

userhozmBWgfC8
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Unplug your tv for 2 minutes and plug it back in and it works. 

0 Likes
userCFZODJbi4s
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Worked for me!
0 Likes
usernuARfEmBcb
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is a continuing problem for my 55U8000.

I should not have to do a "Power Off Power On" reset on the set to continue watching Netflix.

Do we need to get management involved to fix the problem that has been occurring on multiple Samsung Television products around the world for many years without a solid solution?

We should not have to cycle the power to ameliorate a software problem from the manufacturer.

0 Likes
MesaAZ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same problem on my 7000 series Samsung UHD Smart TV.  Works on all other TVs, iPhones, PCs, and iPads.

I find no help on Samsung or Netflix.

Noticed someone indicated they found an answer.  Have not seen it in the "string."

Will post if I find the answer.

0 Likes
Kthoff89
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung smart tv with the smart hub and for some reason Netflix wasmt loading at all, hulu, amazon, and hbo all worked but Netflix would just bring up a blank screen.

I checked Netflix with my phone and other tvs, and it was fine... 

Well after googling and being annoyed and trying to go on the live chat on Samsung and not getting a response... I just turned off the tv for the 10th time...and it worked... Watching Sons now as we speak...

Not sure how or why...but it started working again. 

0 Likes