Original topic:

Network Connection Issues and Remote Keyboard Missing

(Topic created on: 4/18/21 10:46 PM)
userySzgfnbhXf
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Recently, for no discernible reason, my Samsung TV (UMU 6100) has begun losing the network connection.  It is a hard wired connection.  I attempted to connect to the WiFi but my remote will no pull up a keyboard to type on so I cannot enter a password.

I have power cycled everything.  I did a cold boot.  I have paired the remote.  I reset the smart hub.  I did get a network connection for a little while but it loses the connection everytime the TV is powered off.  I cannot even get Netflix to open.  We are not having any issues with any other devices.

This is very aggravating and judging by the number of similar posts, this is not an isolated incident.  My mother recently had a power outage and she lost everything on the tv, or so we thought, but after unplugging the tv for while everything started working again.  She was also getting network connection messages although all the other TV's in her house were working fine.

This is definitely a Samsung issue.  Any idea how to permanently  fix this issue?

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Do you have the unit plugged into a surge protector or wall socket?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userySzgfnbhXf
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Any suggestions?  Bluetooth isn't working either.

0 Likes