cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Network cable disconnected error

Hey all, bought a q900 8k tv last November.  Working fine for a couple of weeks but since has had this randomly recurring issue while watching tv - 

Network cable disconnected error followed by screen going dark, the smarthub cable disconnected screen then the tv shuts off and reloads last content (cable, tv, youtube, netflix, etc.)  This can happen sometimes up to 5-6 times a day.

I've tried all of the obvious fixes (check my cables, network, powered everything down via remotes and power cable(s),tv reset, etc.) even did the firmware update via USB w/o any luck.

Anyone have a common issue / fix maybe.  Thanks much.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Network cable disconnected error

We are sorry to hear about this. Are you connected through WiFi or LAN cable?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Wired.  And I've checked my network / router.  All good on all of my other devices.  I have two wired devices so tried switching the cables w/o any luck.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I purchased a Q80R recently and I'm having the exact same problem. I'm reading that it will be fixed "soon" with a firmware update. Is that true? Is there any other solution? This is my first Samsung TV and it might be my last unless there is a fix.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a similar issue.  8k. Cable disconnected immediately followed by cable connected error.  Multiple times per night.  And I have to acknowledge the message.  Very annoying. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend unplugging the unit for about 5 minutes and retrying directly into a wall socket. It is also best practice to keep your unit fully up to date at all times. If all else fails a factory reset may be in order.