Original topic:

Network problem

(Topic created: 04-28-2021 01:16 PM)
daliachi
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have a Samsung smart TV model UN58RU7100 and recently I've been having problems connecting to the internet.

What happens is they when I try to use an application such as netflix or Disney+ thr tv throws a message saying there's network problems and I have to check my internet settings. When I go to the settings and try to check the internet the connection says it can't even connect to the router, find the IP or MAC address.

Even switching between three separate networks this problem seems to persist, I've also deleted all network settings and set them up again, it's a fix for a few minutes or days but the same problem comes back again.

I have also done a hard reset on the TV several times and that solution works about 50% of the time, along with a network/router reset around the house too.

Is there something wrong with the wifi card inside the smart TV as a whole? Or is this a different problem overall?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, have you tried changing the channel on the router? Especially in apartment situations, you can have a few routers on the same channel and this can create connection and speed issues. 

If your TV won't connect to the internet, you should perform a network status test to help you choose which guide you need. Navigate to Settings > General > Network > Network Status and run the test. Pay close attention to any error messages, and whether there is an X between the TV and the router or between the router and the globe.

Important:

• If the network drops after the TV was off overnight, and you have an RU7 series UHD TV (RU7100 - RU7300 and RU710D - RU730D), try cold booting the TV (hold the power button down on your remote until the TV turns off and then back on). Then you will be able to reconnect to the internet. A software update will be available to fix this issue soon.
  • If at any point you need assistance with configuring settings on your router, contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.

Check the network status test for an error message.

Power cycle your network equipment.

Reset the TV.

• Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset and enter your PIN (the default is 0000). After the reset, try connecting again.

Make sure your Wi-Fi network is compatible with the TV

• Network requirements vary between TVs and are listed in the user manual. As an example, 2018 models NU6***, NU71**, NU72**, and NU73** only support 2.4Ghz networks. They will not even see a 5Ghz network.

• If the network is not compatible with the TV, the TV will be unable to see or connect to it.

• In most cases, the default settings for home networks are fine. However, if the network settings have been adjusted, confirm that they meet the requirements of the TV.

Disconnect some of your other things that are connected to Wi-Fi:

• The more things you have connected to your Wi-Fi network, the weaker the signal will be. If you have 2 tablets, 3 phones, a refrigerator, and an Xbox, the signal could be very weak. Disconnect all other Wi-Fi devices from the network and then try to connect the TV.
  • If this does the trick when none of the previous steps worked, it means you have more devices connected than your router can handle and you should upgrade your router or connect fewer devices.

Try connecting to a different network.

• This is a troubleshooting step to help determine what the issue might be. For instance, if a mobile device with hotspot functionality is available, have it create a network and try to connect the TV to the hotspot. If any other networks are available, they can be tried as well.
  • Note: If the TV can connect to any other network, service is not required, and the issue is with the network that you're unable to connect to. Contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.

If the issue continues, we recommend contacting your ISP or the manufacturer of your router for further assistance.  If they help you determine the TV as the source of the issue, service may be required. You are welcome to send us a message via one of the following options and with a link to our thread along with your full model and serial number.

1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
  2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513
  3. Or you can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes