Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbJxV6Py6gN
Asteroid

New Samsung SmartTV won't connect to wifi

TV Model Code: UN50NU6900

Router: Netgear MR814 v2

Just received a new SmartTV, on network connections it is able to pick up my SSID and Signal Strength bar (at full). After I enter the router passcode, I get stuck on "unable to automatically assign an IP address". My router DHCP mode is client (automatic). Even if I try to manually assign an IP, the connection errors out. Is there a compatibility issue or is something defective? I did update the firmware with an USB stick to 1271.

5 REPLIES 5
userbJxV6Py6gN
Asteroid

Re: New Samsung SmartTV won't connect to wifi

Update:

I connected the cable directly to the TV and got internet access. Googling around it implies MAC filtering? I added the MAC address of the TV to my router and the problem still persists.

Also tried only manually entering the DNS address to 8.8.8.8

userbJxV6Py6gN
Asteroid

I moved the TV to 3 feet away from my wifi router and tried the cold reboot. Same problem and yes I an in the US.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you send us a private message to the link below?

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You may need to cold boot the TV in order to fix this symptom. This can be done by holding the power button on the remote until the TV turns off and back on (about 5 seconds). Also, are you located in the US?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
userbJxV6Py6gN
Asteroid

I'm pretty sure it's a defective WiFi card out of the box. I started the refund process from Amazon. Can close the thread now.