Original topic:

New TVs constantly disconnect from network when turned off

(Topic created on: 4/30/21 5:43 AM)
ts0083
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a problem with my one week old Samsung TVs (65 & 55 inch) model Q60TB constantly disconnecting from my network after being turned off for an hour or more.  I’ve tried calling Samsung support, they seem to not have a clue and refuse to acknowledge there’s a problem with these TVs. 

I’m able to reconnect to my network by resetting network settings, but of course this is pain to do every time I turn the TV back on.  As a result of resetting the network settings, I also have to log back into my apps every time I use them. 

So far I’ve tried resetting the TV to factory settings, updating the firmware (was already on the latest firmware), unplugging/replugging, turning off quick start, changing DNS numbers, and resetting network settings.  Nothing has fixed the problem. It still drops the connection after being turned off for a while. 

This is unacceptable and unsustainable to need to do this on BRAND NEW TVs.  This problem started out the box and has continued to be a problem everyday since purchasing the TVs one week ago. There’s no problem with my router/ISP or any other device in the home, they all stay connected with no issues.  

I regret buying these TVs.  For the money I spent for 2,  
I could’ve gotten 4 Vizo TVs that would’ve worked forever with no problems.  It doesn’t make the problem any better for a company that won’t stand behind their products and refuse to acknowledge there’s a problem with their TVs.  I will be returning them if there’s no permanent solution to this problem, which I doubt judging by the number of people having the same issue.

5 Replies
user8bQb3SpP9v
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have this same problem on two different Samsung TVs as well. One occurs daily where I have to unplug from power for 20-30 seconds and then the problem magically disappears upon powering back up. 

my network is also intact as all other devices function properly.  

samsung needs to address this issue. 

0 Likes
dlpg47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same problem here with a: TU8000 55" purchased in 2020. 

Keep looking for firmware/software updates but finding none.  Samsung MUST know by now this a problem.  Past time for a fix. 

All other devices on my network work OK.  Problem is only with TV. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Have you tried uploading this firmware to a thumb drive to update the television?   https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=US&CttFileID=7983794&CD...

Make sure that you have 8GB worth of free space on the drive or 12GB if you end up leaving the zip file on the drive.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
dlpg47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

What version is this firmware you mention above?  Version on my RU8000 is 1460.  If this is not the latest version then why not make newest available the normal way via Software Update on the TV?  Why should customers mess around with a "thumb drive" method?

userOgGwiKJlyi
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

With my QE55Q60TAU bought 4 days ago same problem. The TV disconnect from network when turned off and need a settings network reset or unplug from power to reconnect to the WIFI.

0 Likes