cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Nintendo Switch not recognized - no 1080p allowed

Just bought a Samsung - 50" Class - LED - 7 Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR. When I first plugged in the Nintendo Switch it was recognized by the TV. Now the TV no longer recognizes the Switch and only lets me play in 720p. 

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Nintendo Switch not recognized - no 1080p allowed

Thank you for reaching out, have you tried a different HDMI cable to see if the issue still occurs? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I know in the menu that 720p is as high as it goes but once you go in-game it switches to 1080p as long as the game supports it. Since you did say that 1080p works with your Xbox have you had a chance to contact Nintendo? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same TV Samsung UHD Q70 7 series. Same flickering, back and forth of recognizing and not recognizing the source (Switch)

I found a solution. Turn the TV Setting in the Switch menu from automatic to Limited Range. For whatever reason Limited range works. 

Highlighted
Constellation

THIS WORKED!! Thank you SO MUCH

Highlighted
Constellation

Waar in het menu kan je deze instelling wijzigen? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Holy cow thank you. I've literally spent the last 3 hours trying to find a solution and this is the only thing that has worked.

Highlighted
Constellation

This worked for me too! After buying a 55" 4k UHD tv from Samsung last year this not recognising the Switch on the tv and constant black screen flickers on/off when using it annoyed me.

I advised Samsung and they sent a tv repair guy out who said it must be thr Switch as my Xbox One X and Playstation had no problem on the tv. But the switch works fine on my other tv's?? Hopefully an update releases to identify it better as the first time it was connected it seemed to, came up with the logo and everything in Smart view.

THANKS! FOR THE RGB RESTRICT MOVE. 😎

Highlighted
Astronaut

You're a life saver! I was about to throw my TV out of my window! Just another reason I don't like smart TVs. This happens with my Series 8 55" UHD.

@userQscaqNNBVE wrote:

Same TV Samsung UHD Q70 7 series. Same flickering, back and forth of recognizing and not recognizing the source (Switch)

I found a solution. Turn the TV Setting in the Switch menu from automatic to Limited Range. For whatever reason Limited range works. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you! Thank u for taking the time and let us know! U make my day! It works!