cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Nintendo Switch not recognized - no 1080p allowed

My Nintendo Switch is up to date and my TV says it is up to date with software version: T-KTM2LAKUC-1290.4

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue though I have different model, "UN50RU7100FXZA".

I have googled alot and tried almost all kind of recommendations such as changing cables, updating firmware and so on.

Nothing worked except,

#1. using 1080p with restrict mode, which makes the screen blurry and I don't like much

or

#2. using 720p mode with full spectrum which I don't like much either since it's not 1080p

Moderator, please take this issue seriously and make some kind of firmware update or anything asap.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just wrote a scathing review for my brand new 82 inch Q70 that amazon has yet to post.

It'll be very interesting for me to see if it shows up but I am not stopping until it does, this is my first experience with a big ticket TV not being able to support a super popular Nintendo platform and it is truely infuriating.

Every switch game, this thing is flickering off and on non-stop

Highlighted
Constellation

Nobody at Samsung has bought a Switch yet? It will take them 2 minutes to find out they need to release a firware update ASAP! What are you guys fighting with Nntendo?

How hard is it to get a TV to work with a  popular video game system, smething that has beed effortlesss and buletproof for 30+ years?  Apparently for Samsung, impossible!

Highlighted
Constellation

I just bought the The Frame tv (2020 version) and cannot get my switch to connect either.  Says 'no source' when connected.  I've tried all the following:

-New HDMI cables

-Every port in the One Connect box

-Factory restting TV

-All resolution options (720, 1020, etc.)

-Limited access

-Different Nintendo branded dock and a 3rd party dock

Nothing has worked.  Would love some help!

Highlighted
Constellation

I just bought 55in 7 series 4K Samsung tv. Firmware is current v1301. TV wil NOT detect switch. I can get the switch to show up breifly with a flickering screen with lines in it. Switch works with 3 other TVs, and I have tried multiple HDMI cables. I tried all the other possible settings on the switch. This tv does not work with Nintendo Switch. I would really appreciate a workable solution. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I got my Switch to work with my Samsung 7 series tv by routing the HDMI from to switch dock to my Xbox one and the to my tv. Then I set up my Xbox to pass the signal though. Switch now works flawlessly. 

now I have to figure out how to connect my $3000 hifi audio system to the tv and still have the tv remote control the volume. 

ivwish I had not bought this tv. Too many limitations on connecting with other gear. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

How did you do this?

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having this problem too, on a 7 series. Tries detecting device every time I turn it on and can't figure it out. Frustrating!