cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

No Dolby Atmos with Xbox One X

I am having trouble with my audio and receiving Dolby Atmos with my Xbox One X.  My current setup is that I have a Sonos Arc soundbar connected to my HDMI Arc port on my TV . The sound works perfectly fine when I have it set to just HDMI out, bitstream and Dobly Digital. The issue with not getting any sound only happens when I switch the setting to Dolby Atmos in the Xbox One X.  On the netflix app, I see the titles are available in Atmos, but no sound.  I downloaded the Dobly app and it is setup for Xbox, tried playing around with the blu-ray decode settings as well as the video fidelity settings, but no luck. I am not sure if it is some setting on the TV that I have wrong that is causing the sound to not work.  My tv is the samsung un78hu9000 if that helps.  I am hoping someone has figured the correct settings.  Any help would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Comet

Re: No Dolby Atmos with Xbox One X

try ditching the Soundbar Dolby Atmos might not be able to run over it your TV might not be the issue at all
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: No Dolby Atmos with Xbox One X

Can you connect your One X directly to the soundbar?  HDMI ARC will not transmit Atmos.  The brand new eARC does only if both the receiver(soundbar) and TV both support eARC.