cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userj1pLvbZjpp
Constellation

No sound mirroring with Samsung A5 2017

Hello, I have paired my 10se and have sound mirroring running fine. The TV sees this devices as a Smart Connect device. The same does not happen with my A5 2017 where the TV sees it as a plain Android Phone. They are both updated to the same version of SmartThings. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No sound mirroring with Samsung A5 2017

It is possible the TV needs to be updated. Can you provide the full model number and the current firmware version the TV is running? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userj1pLvbZjpp
Constellation

Hello Darius, thanks for replying. Here comes the requested addtional info.

I have purchased a  Samsung UE49RU8000U Smart TV 4K Ultra HD 49".

TV software version (T-MSMDEUC-1315.4) Controller version (2.B09.0906).

The different behavior A5 versus S10e is surely linked to the fact that looking at the TV external devices I see the following:

1) Galaxy S10e - Service: Samsung Connect 

2) [Phone] Galaxy A5 - Service details:  Smart View/Reproduce mobile content on TV

On both phones I have SmartThings v. 1.7.38-21.

All in all they are "seen" differently from the Smart TV. Because of the Smart TV or because of the Smart Phone, cannot say for sure.

PS I have tried with an old Galaxy S4 ... same issue as with the A5.

Sound mirroring is a much appreciated way of having a wireless TV earphones.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.