cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfcsreL5M14
Asteroid

No sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I suddenly have no sound in my TV's (Samsung PN42B450B1DXZA, 2009) internal speakers when attempting to view TV. I have a surround sound system connected with external speakers and it works fine. I have also run the audio test on the TV itself and the test performs fine. The oddest thing is that if I am viewing something on my Firestick (HDMI-CEC), then the internal speakers work just fine. But when I attempt to use the speakers while viewing live TV (component 2) then I get no sound. It is not muted and the volume is turned up high. There's not even a "hiss" or a "buzz." I've gone back and done a factory reset on the sound settings. They read: Mode: Movie, SRS TruSurround HD: On; Autovolume: Off, Speaker Select: TV Speaker. There must be some other setting that I’m missing.

Any suggestions regarding what I might check next? Any insight is appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The reason for the cable is that the television may not be getting sound from the source. If it is not a cord issue, it may be the component input. Does it work on Component 1? 

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like a wire issue or a port issue on Component 2. Try replacing the component wire or the cable box.

userfcsreL5M14
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's not it.  I replaced the cable to the component, but it seems to me that the sound test (given that it's through the TV and conducted while in component 2) wouldn't have worked had it been a cable.  it's got to be a setting somewhere?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The reason for the cable is that the television may not be getting sound from the source. If it is not a cord issue, it may be the component input. Does it work on Component 1? 

View solution in original post

userfcsreL5M14
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good call, Gill.  It does work on other components, just not that one.  I will play with the cables and connections and see if I can figure it out.  Thanks for your help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're very welcome!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userfcsreL5M14, if you'd like to take a survey regarding your experience, please send us a DM: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

userbd4rhAZHI4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No sound with Netflix or Amazon Video. Have sound with cable box and Google Play. Unplugged cable box but no change. Unplugged tv but no change. Unplugged optical audio cable but no change. It's obviously a firmware problem. When will there be a fix?

useroTGCW04DIl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have no sound but when I push the valume  pall I get is on the screen audio/out optical how do I get the sound back 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide the model of your television? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.