JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not turning off cable box when turning off TV

(Topic created on: 2/14/17 6:19 PM)
ETorbert
Halo
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

A number of months have passed since the problem of not turning off cable box when turning off TV first appeared in this user forum. Many users with various Samsung smart TVs and various cable services have reported the TV remote turns on the cable box and TV consistently, but the remote turns off only the TV and not the cable box. Suggestions to update firmware, point the remote squarely at the cable box, etc. have failed to solve the problem. Can anyone confirm this issue has actually been brought to the attention of Samsung software engineers? Is there any hope of a solution?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userTzAeKFAtea
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a Yamaha receiver and a DirectTV small genie box. The universal and remote set up gives the option to control the receiver and the box. But it wont turn off either. I’m more wanting it to turn off the receiver. On first set up it turns off the receiver then after it doesn’t. DOnt know what to do. 

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Are you still needing assistance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user8BlVbLFZBG
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
Anynet + CEC is enabled
0 Likes
userL7didbH1Or
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Suggestions or are you aware of anything similar to those using a TiVo?

0 Likes
userrLiLbIEsRl
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I encountered the same problem 

0 Likes
usersoFulHtFc7
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I figure it out there is a screen u go too

0 Likes
userWiAkRUZWmW
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same issue 2018 q6fn with directv HR24 connected to hdmi 1.   Turn on tv, select directv input (or if last on that input) if the hr24 is off it will ask to turn ok.  One click and it’s on. If the hr24 is on, just works. 

When turning off the tv, the hr24 does not turn off by default. As we all want. 

If i press the 123 button 2 times, select the virtual power off button, the hr24 goes off, then I need to turn off the tv too. 

Pleas make turning off the cable box the default or at lease selectable oneremote universal remote option. 

useroWqw8NoJyV
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same problem here

0 Likes
useroWqw8NoJyV
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I see your original message was sent 2/14/17. It is now April of 2019 and the problem still persists!  I have a thread about the same problem.  I jumped through all of the suggested hoops that the Samsung techs suggested to no avail.  I still cannot turn my cable box on OR off with the “smart” remote. And it is marked as “solved”? They’re kidding, right?

0 Likes
OzzyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

same issue, q90r

0 Likes